Overall CBDC Brand Rating for Vasayo: 6.5/10
Vasayo is one of the wellness companies that provides you with a wide range of nutritional supplements, not only cannabidiol (CBD) products.
Although Vasayo sells broad-spectrum CBD oils and creams only, this Utah-based company uses a proprietary liposomal delivery technology designed to increase the absorption and use of key nutrients in your body.
Vasayo claims that its CBD products have been tested and verified by third-party labs and do not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, lab test results are not available on the official website.
Information on the company’s source of hemp, extraction method, farming practices, and manufacturing processes is limited.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has also yet to evaluate the product statements on the brand’s website.
Although Vasayo does not issue a full refund, the company aims to provide quality products that satisfy every customer.
Vasayo offers various shipping options and caters to customers worldwide.
Vasayo Company Summary
- Vasayo is a Utah-based multi-level marketing (MLM) company founded in 2016. The company’s CBD product line consists of oils and creams.
- Vasayo CBD One Oil and Vasayo CBD One Cream are derived from broad-spectrum CBD.
- Vasayo uses a proprietary liposomal technology designed to absorb and utilize nutrients more efficiently.
- The company claims that its CBD products are organic, non-GMO, and free from THC.
- According to Vasayo’s website, its CBD products undergo third-party lab testing. However, there are no lab results available to support this claim.
Vasayo Pros and Cons
|Advanced liposomal technology||Limited CBD products|
|Products have zero THC content||Insufficient information|
|Wide range of nutritional supplements||Not evaluated by the FDA|
|Various shipping options||Lab results are not available|
|Does not issue a full refund|
Pros of Vasayo
- Vasayo uses an advanced liposomal delivery technology that aims to provide superior absorption of key nutrients. The company claims that this patent-protected technology has “proven increased bioavailability.”
- According to the official website, Vasayo CBD products have zero THC content.
- Aside from its CBD products, Vasayo offers a wide range of nutritional supplements.
- You may choose from various shipping options.
Cons of Vasayo
- Vasayo only offers two CBD products: CBD One Oil and CBD One Cream.
- There is insufficient information about the company’s source of hemp, extraction method, farming practices, and manufacturing processes.
- The product statements on Vasayo’s website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- According to Vasayo, its CBD products are verified and tested by a third-party lab. However, the company does not provide lab results to confirm this.
- Vasayo issues a 90% refund of the purchase price.
Review of Vasayo Products
Vasayo CBD One Oil
Vasayo CBD One Oil aims to provide your body with a healthy internal balance. The brand claims that this product is organic–compliant, non-GMO, and THC-free.
Vasayo CBD One Oil is made from broad-spectrum CBD. The brand’s proprietary blend consists of MCT oil, passion fruit extract, lemon oil, papaya leaf extract, hibiscus flower, pineapple extract, and orange oil.
The product label indicates that a 30ml bottle contains 13mg of proprietary liposomal cannabidiol.
Vasayo uses a patented liposomal delivery system that aims to provide key nutrients to various bodily systems.
According to the brand, its proprietary liposomal technology helps increase the bioavailability (drug absorption) of CBD oil. The advanced delivery technology is designed to replace lost enzymes and optimize the nutrients in Vasayo‘s ingredients.
Liposomes are double-layered “bubbles” or spheres composed of lipids (fats) surrounding the key nutrients.
These liposomes help the nutrients pass through the digestive system’s harsh environment and arrive directly at the cells for a much higher rate of body absorption and use(1).
When you buy a pack of Vasayo CBD Oil, you get two 30ml bottles that come in a passion fruit flavor. Vasayo recommends taking two half-full droppers twice daily.
You may take CBD oils under the tongue (sublingually) or by adding it to your food and beverages. It is advisable to consult your doctor first to determine the dosage appropriate for you.
Vasayo CBD One Cream
Vasayo aims to soothe your tired and stiff muscles with its CBD One Cream. This broad-spectrum topical product is made with cannabidiol and Vasayo‘s proprietary liposomal technology.
The company’s liposomal-encapsulation technology is designed to improve the delivery and absorption of nutrients within the body.
According to the company, Vasayo CBD One Cream comes from the hemp plant and contains zero THC, making it non-psychoactive.
The product’s ingredients also include coconut oil, bark oil, white willow bark extract, eucalyptus leaf oil, menthol, peppermint oil, shea butter, ginger root oil, vitamin E, orange peel oil, and lavender flower oil.
Studies suggested that ingredients like menthol, peppermint oil, and lavender flower oil have decongestant, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve joint or muscle pain(2).
Additionally, shea butter and vitamin E are known to have moisturizing and repairing effects on the skin’s barrier(3).
Vasayo CBD One Cream is available in 60ml. You may apply the product liberally to the desired area as needed.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||USA|
|Popular Products||Vasayo CBD One Oil and Vasayo CBD One Cream|
|Types Sold||Broad-spectrum CBD|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD oils and creams|
|Extraction Method||Data not available|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||Lab reports for Vasayo CBD products are not available on the brand’s website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||Data not available|
|Potency||The 30ml bottle of Vasayo CBD One Oil contains 13mg of proprietary liposomal cannabidiol based on the product label|
|THC Range of Products %||0% THC|
|Flavors||Passion fruit for CBD oil|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil|
|Lab Results||Lab results containing total CBD content and harmful contaminants are not available on the brand’s website|
|Price Range||From $119.95 for Vasayo CBD One Cream to $249 for Vasayo CBD One Intro Pack|
|Shipping/Delivery||Standard shipping takes an average of three to nine business days|
|Guarantee||Vasayo offers a 30-day money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||Returns must be made within 30 days of the purchase date|
|Contaminants||Free from fillers and other additives|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||Data not available|
|Customer Service||Call 801-415-9888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Vasayo claims that its CBD One products are certified organic, non-GMO, and THC-free. The company also says that its CBD products are grown and made in the USA from plant to package.
According to the company’s website, Vasayo products aim to provide the potential health benefits of CBD:
- Support and maintain a healthy immune system
- Promote a positive and balanced state of mind
- Help promote relaxation
- Manage some types of discomfort
- Help increase focus and concentration
- Support cardiovascular health
- Promote healthy skin
However, these product statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Further studies are still needed to prove the safety and effectiveness of CBD in treating various health conditions.
Source of Hemp
Vasayo claims to source its hemp from the United States.
Aside from CBD, Vasayo offers a wide range of wellness products on its website. The most popular CBD products are the Vasayo CBD One Oil and Vasayo CBD One Cream.
Vasayo CBD products contain broad-spectrum CBD.
Range of Products/Forms
Vasayo offers CBD oils and creams only. The company also offers a bundle called the CBD One Intro Pack that includes the two products.
According to Vasayo, its CBD is extracted through a patented, proprietary process. However, the company does not specify which extraction method it uses.
The least expensive Vasayo CBD product is the CBD One Cream at $119.95. Meanwhile, the most expensive product is the Vasayo CBD One Intro Pack at $249.
Lab Testing Transparency/Availability
The company claims that its CBD products are tested by accredited third-party labs. However, lab results for Vasayo CBD products are not available on its website.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
There is no data available that indicates the CBD concentration of Vasayo CBD One Oil.
According to the product label, a 30ml bottle of Vasayo CBD One Oil contains 13mg of proprietary liposomal cannabidiol.
THC Range of Products % (less than 0.3% – nonpsychoactive)
According to the official website, Vasayo CBD products are free from THC.
Vasayo CBD One Oil is available in passion fruit flavor.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Vasayo uses MCT oil as its carrier oil.
Shipping and Delivery
You can order Vasayo CBD products by placing an order on its official website or through product distributors. Vasayo provides customers and brand partners with discounted prices.
Vasayo ensures that all orders are shipped by the end of the next business day after the order was placed. The shipping speed is determined by your chosen shipping method on the checkout page:
- Standard shipping – shipped using USPS, FedEx, or UPS. Delivery time is an average of three to nine business days.
- Two-day delivery – takes at least two days after the order is shipped.
- One-day delivery – takes one day after the shipment is sent.
- International shipping – may be delayed due to additional cardholder verification that may be required.
- Other shipping options – orders may arrive within one to two weeks.
Vasayo offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You may return products within 30 days after the original date of purchase. Vasayo issues a 90% refund of the purchase price, while the 10% is considered a restocking fee.
Shipping costs associated with the product are shouldered by the customer returning the product.
According to Vasayo’s website, its CBD One products are free from fillers and other additives. However, there are no lab results to verify if the products are safe from pesticides, bacteria, heavy metals, and residual solvents.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
There is no data available to confirm if Vasayo CBD products are vegan and gluten-free.
You can call 801-415-9888 or email email@example.com for any inquiries.
Vasayo ships its products internationally.
More About Vasayo
Vasayo is a Utah-based brand established in January 2016. Its founders Dallin and Karree Larsen have backgrounds in network marketing and multi-level marketing (MLM).
Dallin Larsen was originally involved with another wellness company called Usana, and he eventually launched MonaVie in 2005.
Vasayo‘s mission is “to deliver solutions to health-conscious consumers who demand superior quality and delivery of key ingredients for optimal product performance.”
The company offers “MicroLife Nutritionals,” a product line consisting of wellness and dietary supplements. MicroLife Nutritionals products include the following:
- Beléza: Vasayo‘s skincare line that consists of serums, creams, and hydrating mists
- CBD One: Cannabidiol-derived products that are available in oil and cream format
- Core Complete: Multivitamin and mineral complex designed for digestive care and improved nutrition
- Eternal: Antioxidant supplements that contain antioxidants and polyphenols
- MicroLife Sleep: An oral spray that aims to support healthy sleep in adults
- MicroLife Neuro: Capsules designed to enhance overall cognitive performance
- MicroLife Renew: An oral spray that aims to support joint health.
- V-Slim: Weight loss powder that aims to reduce cravings, boost metabolism, slow cortisol production, and maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- V-Tox: Detox capsules designed to cleanse the body and provide it with vital nutrients
- V3: Supplement that aims to support energy, hydration, and mood
Vasayo Compensation Plan
The Vasayo compensation plan, or rewards plan, outlines how one can get started as an affiliate, earn money in various ways, and compute how much they can earn.
Since Vasayo is an MLM company, an affiliate may earn both by selling the products and building their team.
Those who are interested in joining Vasayo may contact an independent brand partner or distributor.
There are different ways independent brand partners can earn money and bonuses, depending on their rank and performance(4).
Customer Sales Bonus (CSB)
CSB pays out a 20% commission based on retail sales by an affiliate’s customers. Depending on their sales volume, affiliates may also earn a $50 to $150 bonus within a given four-week cycle.
Product Introduction Bonus (PIB)
An affiliate may earn a 20% bonus on their first order when they sponsor a new brand partner.
Binary Team Commissions (BTC)
BTC works based on a ‘binary’ downline model, which means an affiliate can only have two people directly under them. The total commission volume (CV) of an affiliate’s binary downline is automatically calculated for two people each week.
Team Commission Matching Bonus (TCM)
TCM works on a ‘unilevel’ model, a separate downline structure to the binary model that all the same referrals go into. With the unilevel model, there is no limit to the number of members affiliates can have directly under them.
Affiliates get paid using the concept of generations. The percentages of commission payout are based on the earnings of an affiliate’s referrals in a given generation.
Rank Advancement Bonus (RAB)
Affiliates may earn a bonus when they advance in rank. Once they become a “Black Diamond” affiliate, they may receive $100,000.
The payout goes up to $1 million for Triple Crown Blue Diamond affiliates. The payments are split up into ten chunks per month.
Global Leadership Bonus (GLB)
GLB is made up of 3% of the company’s total global CV and paid out in shares to Gold affiliates and above.
The worth of each share depends on the company’s global revenue at the time and the number of other affiliates sharing the bonus. The higher the rank, the more shares and money an affiliate can receive.
Lifestyle Trips (LT)
Lifestyle trips are awarded to affiliates who have reached the Blue Sapphire, Diamond, Black Diamond, and Crown Blue Diamond rank. LTs are all-expenses-paid trips to various destinations around the world.
Multiple Business Centers
Any affiliate who maintains a Black Diamond rank for four consecutive weeks is eligible for an additional business center. It provides the affiliate with higher earning potential.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the most studied compounds in over 100 known cannabinoids found in the Cannabis Sativa plant. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound that does not cause the sensation of getting “high.”
What Is Liposomal CBD Oil?
Liposomal CBD oil uses liposomal delivery to improve the bioavailability of the cannabinoid. CBD is surrounded by substances (liposomes) that the body can easily absorb.
Liposomes are made of materials called phospholipids, the exact kind of molecules that comprise the body’s cell membranes. Phospholipids are found to protect a drug from being broken down in the digestive tract and aid in direct absorption(6).
According to a 2017 review published in Pharmaceutics, researchers found that liposomes appeared safe and allowed for enhanced bioavailability, greater control, and limited toxicity(7).
What Is the Difference Between CBD Oil and Hemp Oil?
CBD oil is extracted from the stems, stalks, leaves, and flowers of the hemp plant. CBD can also be acquired through different varieties of the cannabis plant.
Hempseed oil, or hemp oil, is also obtained from the seeds of the Cannabis sativa plant. However, this oil does not contain the same levels of compounds found in the hemp plant. It has little to no CBD.
Unlike CBD, hemp oil can only be extracted from industrial hemp. Hemp oil is rich in omega fatty acids, protein, vitamin E, and other beneficial bioactive compounds.
How Does CBD Work in the Body?
CBD’s interaction with the body takes place within the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), a biological network that consists of cannabinoid receptors.
The purpose of ECS is to maintain a healthy balance, so the body’s systems function at optimal levels. The two central cannabinoid receptors found in the ECS are CB1 and CB2.
The CB1 receptor impacts neurotransmitters in the brain. CB1 is responsible for cognitive functions, emotion, mood, movement, memories, thinking, pain, and appetite.
What Are the Side Effects of CBD?
Although CBD is generally well-tolerated with a good safety profile(8), side effects may also occur. They include the following(9):
- Mood changes
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite and gastrointestinal problems
- Potential interaction with certain medications or supplements
Is CBD Legal?
Under the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.30% THC are federally legal. Meanwhile, marijuana-derived products with high THC concentrations are federally illegal(10).
All 50 states also have their laws that legalize CBD with varying degrees of restriction.
Vasayo is a legitimate company that sells various health and wellness products, including CBD oils and creams. The company uses a multi-level marketing (MLM) model to provide an affiliate with income and a business opportunity.
Vasayo‘s CBD One product line consists of oils and creams. The company claims to use a patent-protected, advanced liposomal technology designed to provide superior absorption.
By using this technology, Vasayo aims to address common health problems with its purported extraordinary solutions.
However, the brand needs to be more transparent with its lab test results, source of materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Keller, B. C. (2001). Liposomes in nutrition. Trends in food science & technology, 12(1), 25-31.
- Balakrishnan, A. (2015). Therapeutic uses of peppermint-a review. Journal of pharmaceutical sciences and research, 7(7), 474.
- Okullo, J. B. L., Omujal, F., Agea, J. G., Vuzi, P. C., Namutebi, A., Okello, J. B. A., & Nyanzi, S. A. (2010). Physico-chemical characteristics of Shea butter (Vitellaria paradoxa CF Gaertn.) oil from the Shea district of Uganda. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development, 10(1).
- Vasayo. Rewards Plan. Retrieved from: https://build.vasayo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Rewards-Plan-Chart-US_EN-080818_v4.pdf
- Corroon, J., & Phillips, J. A. (2018). A cross-sectional study of cannabidiol users. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 3(1), 152-161.
- Lila, A. S. A., & Ishida, T. (2017). Liposomal delivery systems: design optimization and current applications. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 40(1), 1-10.
- Bulbake, U., Doppalapudi, S., Kommineni, N., & Khan, W. (2017). Liposomal formulations in clinical use: an updated review. Pharmaceutics, 9(2), 12.
- World Health Organization (WHO). (2018). Cannabidiol (CBD) Critical Review Report. https://www.who.int/medicines/access/controlled-substances/CannabidiolCriticalReview.pdf
- Brown, J. D., & Winterstein, A. G. (2019). Potential Adverse Drug Events and Drug-Drug Interactions with Medical and Consumer Cannabidiol (CBD) Use. Journal of clinical medicine, 8(7), 989. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm8070989. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6678684/
- Hudak, J. Brookings.edu. (December 2018). The Farm Bill, hemp legalization and the status of CBD: An explainer. Retrieved from: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/12/14/the-farm-bill-hemp-and-cbd-explainer/