Overall Brand Rating for B+ CBD: 5/10
B Plus (B+) CBD claims its full-spectrum and cannabidiol (CBD) isolate products are tested for purity and sourced from non-GMO and organically grown hemp from the USA.
At the time of this review, the brand has not shared any third-party lab results on its website. The company’s background and useful product information are also not available. Better Business Bureau has also given the company an F-rating.
B+ CBD provides customers with a 60-day money-guarantee period. According to the official website, unsatisfied customers can request for a full refund and return the products to the company’s PO box address in Tampa, Florida.
B+ CBD Company Summary
- B+ CBD has full-spectrum and CBD isolate products in various forms, such as tinctures, capsules, and sprays.
- B+ CBD products are created in a facility with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) accreditation.
- According to the website, the brand uses a cold-pressed extraction method. This method does not use any chemicals during the extraction process.
- B+ CBD lacks transparency on the products’ concentration. The brand is not advisable for customers concerned about unproven tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content.
B+ CBD is a straightforward brand offering a variety of CBD products with a singular price. Customers looking for more information about the company may call 888-803-5108.
B+ CBD Pros and Cons
|The brand claims to use organically grown hemp from the USA.||Lack of information on the company|
|60-day money-back guarantee||No product formulation and ingredients list on the website|
|Products are made in a GMP-accredited facility.||No third-party laboratory results provided|
|The brand lacks transparency on cannabinoid content and the presence of contaminants.|
|Only available in the USA|
|F rating in the Better Business Bureau|
Pros of B+ CBD
- According to the website, B+ CBD products use a non-GMO hemp strain that is organically grown and harvested in the United States.
- B+ Pure products are made in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)-accredited facility. GMP accreditation is granted to facilities that comply with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and pharmaceutical industry standards.
- B+ CBD has a wide range of products, including tinctures, capsules, and topicals. B+ CBD also has CBD gummies. However, they are currently out of stock.
- The brand has a 60-day money-back guarantee. Customers may request a full refund if the product does not provide any benefits.
Cons of B+ CBD
- There is a lack of information on the company behind the brand. At the time of this review, the website only has a PO box address. No information has been shared on the company’s origin and location.
- The website also does not provide a thorough description of the products. Customers may also find it challenging to navigate through the products. Before buying a CBD product, shoppers tend to look for ingredients, potency, and concentration. This information is not available on the website.
- The brand does not provide third-party laboratory test results on its website. There is no information regarding the products’ safety status. At the time of this writing, no information has been shared if the products are free from heavy metals, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- The website does not provide any certificate of analysis. Customers shopping through the website may have trouble finding information on the products’ cannabinoid concentrations and potency.
- The brand only ships to customers residing in the USA.
- Lastly, the brand currently has an F rating in the Better Business Bureau. The brand received several complaints from customers, including questionable transactions and failure to issue refunds.
*These findings were observed according to the website’s content on October 6, 2020. Website content may change after this review.
Review of B+ CBD Products
B+ CBD Tinctures
The B+ Pure CBD Oil is a CBD isolate that is advertised to contain 300mg of CBD. The CBD isolate in the product is emulsified in virgin hempseed oil. According to the website, each serving of B+ Pure CBD Oil contains 10mg of CBD(1).
This B+ Pure CBD oil is an all-natural, THC-free product that comes in peppermint flavor.
Suggested use: Use the dropper to put one to two drops of CBD oil under the tongue.
The B+ Full Spectrum CBD Oil is the brand’s most potent product. According to the website, the product’s formula contains 700mg of CBD. The B+ Full Spectrum CBD Oil comes in two flavors: vanilla and chocolate mint.
The B+ CBD Sleep Spray is a full-spectrum CBD oil designed to promote sleep. This CBD oral spray comes in a chocolate mint flavor.
B+ CBD Capsules
B+ CBD Capsules contain 100% all-natural ingredients. According to the website, one bottle of B+ CBD Capsules is advertised to contain 300mg of CBD. Each capsule contains 10mg of CBD(2).
Other ingredients of the B+ CBD Capsules include gelatin, rice flour, silica, and magnesium stearate.
Suggested use: Take one or more capsules orally, twice per day.
Similar to the CBD tinctures, the B+ CBD Topical cream uses organic and non-GMO hemp. Each container of B+ CBD topical cream is advertised to contain 50mg of CBD.
The B+ CBD Topical Cream’s blend consists of hemp extracts, beeswax, argan oil, aloe, and salicylic acid(3).
Suggested use: Apply B+ CBD Topical Cream on the skin one to four times per day. This product is recommended for use after a bath or shower. Customers must avoid applying the product on the eyes, nose, ears, or mouth.
|Recommended for||General wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Organic and non-GMO hemp from the USA|
|Popular Products||B+ Pure CBD Oil 300mg |
B+ Full-spectrum CBD Oil 700mg
B+ Full-spectrum Sleep Spray 700mg
B+ CBD Topical Cream
B+ CBD Capsules
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum, CBD isolate|
|Range of Products/Forms||Tinctures, oral spray, capsules, cream, and gummies|
|Price Range||$69.99 for all products, according to their website|
|Extraction Method||Cold-pressed extraction|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||No data available on the website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||B+ Pure CBD Oil – 10mg per serving |
B+ CBD Capsules – 10mg per serving
|Potency||No data available on the website|
|THC Range of Products %||Less than 0.3% THC|
|Flavors||Chocolate mint and vanilla|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||B+ Pure CBD Oil is emulsified in virgin hempseed oil|
|Lab Results||No data available on the website|
|Shipping/Delivery||Delivery within one to three business days |
Additional $7.95 for the shipping fee
Free shipping for orders exceeding $75
|Guarantee||Products made in a GMP-certified facility|
|Refund Policy||60-day satisfaction guarantee|
|Contaminants||No data available on the website|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||No data available on the website|
|Customer Service||Call customer support at 1-888-803-5108|
Recommended for General Wellness
The brand recommends all B+ Pure CBD and other B+ CBD products for promoting wellness and supporting mood.
Source of Hemp
B+ CBD claims to use non-GMO organic hemp grown and harvested in the USA.
B+ Pure CBD Oil is the brand’s best selling product. Another customer favorite is B+ Full-spectrum CBD Oil in vanilla.
B+ CBD offers CBD isolate and full-spectrum CBD.
Range of Products/Forms
B+ CBD offers CBD tinctures, CBD capsules, CBD cream, and CBD oral spray. The brand used to carry CBD gummies. However, they are currently out of stock.
All the products are priced at $69.99. However, shoppers may take advantage of the limited-time discount, reducing the price to $49.95. The website did not specify the discount period will last.
B+ CBD also offers bi- and tri-monthly subscription plans for CBD customers who want to receive regular supplies.
The B+ Pure CBD Oil subscription sends three bottles every three months for $149.95. The two-month subscription plan sends two bottles every two months for $99.90.
B+ CBD claims to use the cold-pressed extraction method. The extraction process separates the compounds from the plant without using any chemicals.
Lab Testing Transparency & Availability
B+ CBD has not provided any lab results on their website.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
According to the brand’s official website, one serving of the B+ Pure CBD Oil provides 10mg of CBD. Meanwhile, one serving of the B+ CBD Capsules provides 10mg of CBD.
B+ CBD’s official website has not provided any information regarding the products’ potency.
THC Range of Products %
According to the product labels, the B+ Pure CBD Oil, B+ CBD Capsules, and B+ CBD Topical Cream do not contain any tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the cannabinoid that causes psychoactive effects.
B+ Pure CBD Oil comes in peppermint flavor. The B+ Full-spectrum CBD Oil comes in vanilla and mint chocolate flavors.
Tincture Carrier Oil
According to the product label, B+ Pure CBD Oil is emulsified in virgin hempseed oil.
B+ CBD has not posted third-party lab results on the official website. Third-party laboratory results are needed to verify the products’ concentration and safety for human and animal consumption.
Although the products have the GMP stamp of approval, the brand needs to provide more information on the formulation’s ingredients.
The company charges $7.95 for shipping. Purchases exceeding $75 entitles the shopper to free shipping in the US.
Customers may receive their orders within one to three business days after their orders have been processed and shipped.
B+ CBD products are produced in a facility that has a GMP accreditation. The GMP is a quality assurance certification that verifies that products are consistently created while standards are maintained.
Customers interested in trying B+ CBD products may take advantage of the 60-day money-back guarantee. According to the website, the money-back guarantee may cover unopened, used, and even fully-consumed products.
Customers who are not satisfied with the product can request for a refund by calling 888-803-5108. They can return the product to the company by shipping to PO Box 152871, Tampa, FL 33684.
The brand has not provided any proof that their products are free from contaminants, such as heavy metals, pesticides, and herbicides.
At the time of this writing, discounts are offered throughout the website. The singular price of $69.99 for all products is reduced to $49.95. The website did not specify the discount period.
Customers may call the company through the phone number: 888-803-5108.
B+ CBD only ships to customers residing in the USA.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound found in cannabis plants (hemp and marijuana). Licensed farmers in the United States use hemp strains high in CBD and less than 0.3% THC.
Other cannabinoids found in hemp plants are cannabinol (CBN), cannabigerol (CBG), and cannabichromene (CBG). CBD oil products may also contain naturally-occurring terpenes.
CBD products are not to be mistaken for medical marijuana or cannabis oil. Marijuana and cannabis products are derived from cannabis plants that contain high levels of THC.
Currently, there are three types of CBD products in the market.
Full-spectrum CBD oil contains all the cannabinoids found in hemp, providing the user with the entourage effect.
The term “entourage effect” means the individual takes more of the supposed benefits provided by the cannabinoids when they are taken together than when taken individually.
Meanwhile, broad-spectrum CBD oil contains all the cannabinoids found in the whole plant, except for THC. This type of CBD product is recommended for individuals who undergo regular drug tests.
Lastly, CBD isolates contain only pure CBD. No other cannabinoids are found in CBD isolates.
CBD isolates may come in powder form or already emulsified in carrier oils, such as hemp oil, hempseed oil, coconut oil, or virgin olive oil.
CBD oil comes in many forms, including tinctures (oil drops), vapes, edibles, capsules, and lotions.
Is CBD Legal?
The 2018 United States Farm Bill allows the production, transportation, and sale of hemp products that contain less than 0.3% THC. CBD oil counts as a hemp-derived product.
However, FDA regulations prohibit CBD brands from marketing CBD oil as a dietary supplement, medication, or food product(4). CBD brands are also prohibited from making any health claims.
Regulations on how industrial hemp is manufactured may vary depending on the US states.
In Colorado, for example, brands are prohibited from adding industrial hemp derivatives (stalk and flower) to food(5).
The state is also known for imposing strict governing laws on hemp producers and growers.
How Can You Find High-Quality CBD Oil?
Due to the lack of regulation, any CBD brand can claim that its products are high-quality and safe. However, individuals must ensure that these claims are supported by a certificate of analysis (COA).
The COA is a third-party laboratory result that determines how much cannabinoids are contained in the product.
Third-party laboratory tests also determine if the product is safe for human and animal consumption. These third-party laboratories test for the presence of herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, and other harmful substances.
The extraction methods used for the products also matter to individuals who use CBD. Extraction methods, like CO2 extraction or cold-pressed extraction, are usually preferred by many brands due to the absence of harmful solvents.
Moreover, the brands’ hemp source is another factor to consider when shopping for CBD oil. The highest-quality industrial hemp plants are found in US states with strict hemp farming regulations.
The best CBD oil products come from brands that provide customers with updated third-party laboratory results.
Does CBD Oil Provide Any Health Benefits?
One particular study observed that transdermal CBD application provided pain relief in mouse models with induced-arthritis(7).
Meanwhile, a study mentioned that CBD has protective effects on the cardiovascular system by acting as a vasorelaxant agent. The study continued that more research is needed to learn about CBD’s effect on heart disease(8).
Another study acknowledged CBD’s neuroprotective benefits. A 2018 study demonstrated CBD’s neuroprotective effects on mice models with induced neurotoxicity and stroke(9).
The healthcare industry is gradually acknowledging CBD’s health benefits due to its antiepileptic properties.
Epidiolex is the first FDA-approved drug that contains CBD as its active ingredient. The drug has been proven to treat severe forms of child epilepsy in controlled trials(10).
CBD has also been recognized for its potential therapeutic effects on mental health. A case study conducted in 2019 observed that CBD provides anxiolytic effects on volunteers suffering from anxiety(11).
What Are the Side Effects of CBD?
CBD has been reported to cause diarrhea, fatigue, and changes in appetite and weight. Although many studies mentioned that CBD is well-tolerated by most individuals(12), experts insist caution is needed when using CBD(13).
A 2019 study has demonstrated that CBD might lead to liver toxicity and damage when consumed in extremely high amounts. This side effect has been demonstrated on rat models administered with high amounts of cannabidiol(14).
The authors mentioned that the CBD dosage used during the study does not apply to real-life scenarios. However, the observation served as a reminder that consuming CBD products in high doses might lead to potential health problems.
How Much CBD Oil Should You Take?
CBD oils with the best strengths provide more than 300mg to 500mg of CBD per bottle. However, first-time users must start with one to two milligrams of CBD per dose before trying out extra-strength CBD products.
A 2019 review mentioned that a CBD dosage between less than 1 to 50mg per kilogram per day was enough to provide significant improvements during trials(15).
Meanwhile, another study has concluded that CBD has a bell-shaped dose-response curve during an anxiety trial. The authors mentioned that the group that received 300mg of CBD provided significant improvements, while 150mg, 600mg, and placebo groups did not produce any changes(16).
B+ CBD offers various CBD products that can deliver CBD topically with CBD cream, and orally through oil drops, sprays, and capsules. Still, individuals must consult with a licensed physician before taking CBD oil.
Note that the findings and data shared in this article were retrieved according to the website’s content on October 6, 2020. Website content may change without prior notice.
B+ CBD products are available at https://www.bpluscbd.com/. Customers may add the desired item to their shopping cart and click on “checkout” to pay.
- B+ Pure CBD Oil Product Information. Retrieved from https://www.bpluscbd.com/blog/product/pure-cbd-oil/
- B+ CBD Capsules Product Information. Retrieved from https://www.bpluscbd.com/blog/product/cbd-capsules/
- B+ Topical Cream Product Information. Retrieved from https://www.bpluscbd.com/blog/product/cbd-topical-cream/
- FDA Testimony on Hemp Production and Farm Bill. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/news-events/congressional-testimony/hemp-production-and-2018-farm-bill-07252019
- CDPHE’s Industrial Hemp Regulations. Retrieved from https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/DEHS_MfgFd_IndustrialHempPolicy_FY18.pdf
- Argueta, D. A., Ventura, C. M., Kiven, S., Sagi, V., & Gupta, K. (2020). A Balanced Approach for Cannabidiol Use in Chronic Pain. Frontiers in pharmacology, 11, 561. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2020.00561
- Hammell, D. C., Zhang, L. P., Ma, F., Abshire, S. M., McIlwrath, S. L., Stinchcomb, A. L., & Westlund, K. N. (2016). Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviors in a rat model of arthritis. European journal of pain (London, England), 20(6), 936–948. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejp.818
- Stanley, C. P., Hind, W. H., & O’Sullivan, S. E. (2013). Is the cardiovascular system a therapeutic target for cannabidiol?. British journal of clinical pharmacology, 75(2), 313–322. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04351.x
- Maroon, J., & Bost, J. (2018). Review of the neurological benefits of phytocannabinoids. Surgical neurology international, 9, 91. https://doi.org/10.4103/sni.sni_45_18
- FDA approves First Drug Comprised of Active Ingredient Derived from Marijuana. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-drug-comprised-active-ingredient-derived-marijuana-treat-rare-severe-forms
- Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente Journal, 23, 18–041. https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/18-041
- Iffland, K., & Grotenhermen, F. (2017). An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 2(1), 139–154. https://doi.org/10.1089/can.2016.0034
- FDA. What You Need to Know and What We’re Working to find Out (About Products Containing Cannabis or Cannabis-derived Compounds, Including CBD). Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/what-you-need-know-and-what-were-working-find-out-about-products-containing-cannabis-or-cannabis
- Ewing, L. E., Skinner, C. M., Quick, C. M., Kennon-McGill, S., McGill, M. R., Walker, L. A., ElSohly, M. A., Gurley, B. J., & Koturbash, I. (2019). Hepatotoxicity of a Cannabidiol-Rich Cannabis Extract in the Mouse Model. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), 24(9), 1694. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules24091694
- Millar, S. A., Stone, N. L., Bellman, Z. D., Yates, A. S., England, T. J., & O’Sullivan, S. E. (2019). A systematic review of cannabidiol dosing in clinical populations. British journal of clinical pharmacology, 85(9), 1888–1900. https://doi.org/10.1111/bcp.14038
- Linares, Ila M., Zuardi, Antonio W., Pereira, Luis C., Queiroz, Regina H., Mechoulam, Raphael, Guimarães, Francisco S., & Crippa, José A.. (2019). Cannabidiol presents an inverted U-shaped dose-response curve in a simulated public speaking test. Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry, 41(1), 9-14. Epub October 11, 2018.https://doi.org/10.1590/1516-4446-2017-0015