Overall CBDC Brand Rating: 8.5/10
Medterra is passionate about CBD’s health benefits and believes that CBD should be accessible and affordable to those who need it.
- Medterra was founded by individuals with expertise in industrial farming and a passion for CBD and innovation.
- Medterra is a proud partner of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Pilot Program and is certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority™.
- One of the company’s best selling products is a multifunctional cream, which features a combination of New Zealand Manuka honey and pure CBD. Research shows that CBD might be a potent anti-aging compound(1) and can reduce skin itching and dryness(2).
Medterra is a California-based company founded in 2017. It was founded by individuals who used their expertise in industrial farming and their passion for sharing CBD’s health benefits to individuals in need.
Medterra aspires to introduce high-quality, innovative, and exciting, yet affordable CBD products in the market.
The company is a proud partner of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Pilot Program and is certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority™.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Kentucky|
|Popular Products||CBD Tincture, CBD + Manuka Cream, CBD Pet Tincture|
|Types Sold||Broad-spectrum and CBD isolate products|
|Range of Products/Forms||Tinctures, edibles, topicals, capsules, wellness supplements, and pet products|
|Prices||From $19.54 for a 30-ml bottle of CBD Pet Tincture (150mg) to $79 for a 30ml bottle of CBG + CBD Oil Tincture (1000mg)|
|Extraction Method||CO2 extraction method|
|Lab Testing Transparency||Lab results are available on the website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||Each jar of Medterra CBD + Manuka Cream contains 257.6mg of CBD|
|Potency||Each jar of Medterra CBD Gummies contains 4.54mg/g of CBD|
|THC Range of Products %||Each jar of Medterra CBD Gummies contains no detectable THC level|
|Lab Testing Availability||Lab results are available on the website|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||MCT oil|
|Lab Results||Results of independent third-party lab testing available online|
|Price Range||CBD products range from $19 to $79|
|Shipping||Ships within the US and other countries, except Canada and Australia|
|Delivery||All items are shipped via UPS within two business days|
|Guarantee||30-day money-back guarantee|
|Contaminants||No physical, chemical, or microbial contaminants present|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||No data available|
|Refund Policy||All items are eligible for a refund within 30 days of order delivery|
|Customer Service||Email [email protected] or call +1 800-971-1288|
|Country Served||USA and other countries, except Canada and Australia|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Medterra’s products are tailored to help customers experience CBD’s health benefits and incorporate it into their daily health and wellness regimen.
Source of Hemp
Medterra sources its hemp from Kentucky, under the strict guidance of the state’s Department of Agriculture.
The brand’s most popular products are the CBD Tincture, CBD + Manuka Cream, CBD Pet Tincture.
The brand offers broad-spectrum and pure CBD products. Both types do not contain any detectable THC, allowing customers to take advantage of CBD’s health benefits without experiencing any of the “high.”
Range of Products/Forms
Medterra offers tinctures, edibles, topicals, capsules, wellness supplements, and pet products.
A 30-ml bottle of CBD Pet Tincture is the least expensive Medterra product at $19.54. A 30-ml bottle of Medterra CBG + CBD Oil Tincture is the most expensive at $79.
Medterra uses the CO2 extraction method in extracting CBD oil from the hemp plant.
Lab Testing Transparency
Medterra employs third-party USA laboratories to test its products. The results for these lab tests are available on their website.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
Each jar of Medterra CBD + Manuka Cream contains 257.6mg of CBD.
Each jar of Medterra CBD + Manuka Cream contains 4.54mg/g of CBD.
THC Range of Products % (less than 0.3% – nonpsychoactive)
Based on its certificate of analysis from third-party laboratories, there is no detectable THC in Medterra CBD + Manuka Cream.
Lab Testing Availability
The laboratory test results for Medterra’s products can be found on its website.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Medterra’s tinctures are made with medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil as the carrier oil.
The latest test results show that the CBD concentration for Medterra products is above the amount reported on the label. There are no contaminants present in the product.
Currently, Medterra carries more than 10 CBD products, with prices ranging from $19.54 to $79.
The brand offers a special discount for military veterans and persons with long-term disability.
Medterra offers free standard shipping for orders of $125 and above. Items are shipped within one to two business days, via UPS.
Estimated time for delivery is four to seven business days for domestic shipping, while international shipping may take one to two weeks to arrive.
Medterra offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, minus shipping costs.
No contaminants were detected in Medterra products according to the brand’s published lab test results.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
No data available.
Customers can return their items within 30 days of order delivery. Damaged items may be returned, provided customers file a claim within 72 hours of order delivery.
Email Medterra at [email protected] or call them at +1 800-971-1288
Medterra serves the USA and other countries, except Canada and Australia.
|Made from 100% organic and non-GMO industrial hemp sourced from Kentucky farms||Limited product range|
|Medterra is a member of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Pilot Program||Only pet products have added flavor|
|Special discount available for veterans and persons with long-term disability||Free shipping is limited to orders above $125|
|Ships to the US and internationally, except Canada and Australia|
|Available online and in retail stores nationwide|
Pros of the Company
- Medterra products come from 100% organic and non-GMO industrial hemp sourced from Kentucky farms.
- The company is a member of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Pilot Program.
- Medterra offers a special discount for full-price purchases made by military veterans and persons with long-term disability.
- Medterra can ship to all 50 US states and territories and internationally, except for Canada and Australia.
- Customers can purchase Medterra products through the company’s website or select CBD retail stores nationwide.
Cons of the Company
- Medterra’s offering is limited to less than 15 products.
- None of the available products are flavored, except for the pet products.
- Free shipping is available but is limited only to orders exceeding $125.
Review of Medterra CBD + Manuka Cream
One of Medterra’s best selling products is the CBD + Manuka Cream. The multifunctional cream features a combination of New Zealand Manuka honey and pure CBD, to help nourish the skin.
A 1998 animal study concluded that CBD might be a potent anti-aging compound, with 30%- 50% higher potency than Vitamins C and E(3).
CBD has also shown potential in reducing itch and skin dryness, according to a review published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology in 2017(4).
Review of Medterra CBD Pet Tincture
Another popular Medterra product is the CBD Pet Tincture. The product comes in varying strength and flavors and is equipped with a dropper applicator for easy application.
The endocannabinoid system, which regulates a myriad of body functions, is present in all mammals, such as dogs and cats(5). Thus, CBD might also provide health benefits to pets, similar to humans.
Medterra’s vision is to be innovators in the CBD market. While the company is yet to diversify its product range, its commitment to transparency and quality is already evident.
- Hampson, A. J., M. Grimaldi, J. Axelrod, and D. Wink. “Cannabidiol and (-) 9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Are Neuroprotective Antioxidants.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 95, no. 14 (1998): 8268–73. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.95.14.8268.
- Mounessa, Jessica S., Julia A. Siegel, Cory A. Dunnick, and Robert P. Dellavalle. “The Role of Cannabinoids in Dermatology.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 77, no. 1 (2017): 188–90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2017.02.056.
- Mcpartland, John M., Isabel Matias, Vincenzo Di Marzo, and Michelle Glass. “Evolutionary Origins of the Endocannabinoid System.” Gene 370 (2006): 64–74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gene.2005.11.004.