Overall CBDC Brand Rating for Medterra: 8/10
Medterra’s mission is to make the highest-quality cannabidiol (CBD) accessible and affordable to people who need it.
For every milligram (mg) of Medterra’s 30ml CBD Oil in 500mg concentration, you only spend $0.07.
Medterra also has an assistance program that gives discounts to military veterans and people with long-term disabilities. A 10% to 20% discount is also applicable for every order of Medterra’s product bundles.
This CBD brand only offers CBD isolates that they claim to obtain from Kentucky-grown industrial hemp plants. However, the certificate of analysis (COA) available on the brand’s website is outdated.
The company asserts its farm’s compliance with the strict guidelines of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) in growing its hemp.
Medterra claims that the company is US Hemp Authority–certified. This certification is one of the industry’s initiatives that assure best practices, high standards, and self-regulation in hemp and CBD products(1).
The brand offers a wide range of products, including CBD tinctures, CBD topicals, CBD supplements, CBD gummies, CBD capsules, and CBD for pets.
Each product page extensively discusses each product’s description, recommended use, and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Best Products from Medterra
Composed with abundantly pure CBD and Organic MCT Oil, this CBD oil is available in strengths of 500mg, 1000mg and 3000mg.
Overall Clinical Score99%
This Medterra product which is a combination of MCT oil and the compound CBD, is Federally legal and is shipped most anywhere. Though expensive, this safe and mild extraction method is significant for producing the highest quality cannabidiol found in the hemp plant.
-  Made from 100% organic and non-GMO industrial hemp sourced from Kentucky farms
-  Medterra is a member of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Pilot Program
-  Special discount available for veterans and persons with long-term disability
-  Ships to the US and internationally, except Canada and Australia
-  Available online and in retail stores nationwide
-  Limited product range
-  Free shipping is limited to orders above $125
-  Contains MCT Oil as a carrier oil
Discount pricing available? Free shipping on orders $75 and above. Source Kentucky Form Oil Ingredients Medium-Chain Triglyceride MCT Oil (Coconut derived)*, Cannabidiol (CBD). *Organic Ingredient Type Isolate Extraction C02 extraction method How to take it Can be taken day or night, sublingually. Potency 500 mg per bottle 1000 mg per bottle 3000 mg per bottle Carrier Oil MCT Oil Concentration 500 mg = 16.67 mg per dropper 1000 mg = 33.33 mg per dropper 3000 mg = 100 mg per dropper Price Range $34.99 - $132.99 $/mg CBD 500 mg = $0.07 per mg CBD 1000 mg = $0.06 per mg CBD 3000 mg = $0.04 per mg CBD Shipping Shipping times may vary from 4-7 business days after processing. Lab Tests Available at the website. Contaminants Safe and free of pesticides. Allergens Non-GMO Refund policy You may request a refund of the full purchase price minus shipping costs within 30 days of the product received date. Recommended for CBD users and starters Countries served USA and other international countries, except Canada and Australia.
Recommended for people who has a knack for sweet CBD gummies
Overall Clinical Score99%
Medterra CBD offers gummies that cater to different kinds of needs. They have gummies available for calm, sleep, focus, and immune boost. Their gummies also come with fun flavors perfect for those who love fruity tastes. A gummy pack consists of 30 gummies each with 25mg of CBD per gummy.
-  Free of Pesticides and GMO
-  Free shipping on orders $75 and above
-  Only 1 option of CBD strength
-  Does not ship to Canada and Australia
Discount pricing available? Free shipping on orders $75 and above Source Kentucky Form Gummies Ingredients Keep Calm - L-Theanine, Cannabidiol (Hemp Extract), Tapioca Syrup, Natural (Turbinado) Sugar, DI Water, Citrus Pectin, Natural Flavor and Color, Citric Acid, Malic Acid Stay Alert - Paullinia Cupana (Guarana), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), Ginkgo Biloba, Cannabidiol (Hemp Extract), Tapioca Syrup, Natural (Turbinado) Sugar, DI Water, Citrus Pectin, Natural Flavor and Color, Citric Acid, Malic Acid Sleep Tight - Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm), Matricaria Chamomilla (Chamomile), L-Theanine, Passiflora (Passion Flower), Cannabidiol (Hemp Extract), 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan), Melatonin, Tapioca Syrup, Natural (Turbinado) Sugar, DI Water, Citrus Pectin, Natural Flavor and Color, Citric Acid, Malic Acid Immune Boost - Cannabidiol (Hemp Extract), Elderberry, Vitamin C, Zinc, Tapioca Syrup, Raw Sugar, Di Water, Citrus Pectin, Natural Flavor, Beetroot (for color), Citric Acid and Malic Acid (Natural Preservatives) Type Isolate Extraction CO2 Extraction Method How to take it Keep Calm - Take one serving size (1 gummy) one hour before desired state of calmness. Stay Alert - Take one serving size (1 gummy) Sleep Tight - Take one serving size (1 gummy) at night one hour before bedtime. Immune Boost - Take one serving size (1 gummy) Potency 750mg Carrier Oil Not Applicable Concentration 25mg per serving Drug Test Not Applicable Flavours Keep Calm - Tropical Fruit, Stay Alert - Citrus Punch, Sleep Tight - Strawberry, Immune Boost - Elderberry Price Range $39.99 $/mg CBD $0.05 Shipping Most orders placed Monday - Friday before 12pm PST are shipped out the same day Lab Tests Lab test results are available in their website Contaminants Pesticides-free Allergens Non-GMO Refund policy 30-day money-back guarantee Recommended for CBD starters Countries served USA and other countries, except Canada and Australia
Perfect for people who want to give their immune system a boost with the help of CBD oil
Overall Clinical Score99%
Medterra offers CBD Oil that only focuses on boosting the immune system through their Immune Boost Drops with CBD. Each bottle is packed with organic ingredients like Vitamin C, Elderberry, Ginger Root, and etc.
-  Free of GMO, Pesticides and harmful chemicals
-  Shipping is free on orders $75 and above
-  Only has 1 option for CBD strength
-  Does not ship to Canada and Australia
Discount pricing available? Free shipping on orders $75 and above Source Kentucky Form Oil Tincture Ingredients MCT Oil, Vitamin C, Elderberry Extract, Echinacea, Ginger Root, Ashwagandha, Reishi Mushroom and Lemon Balm. Type Isolate Extraction CO2 Extraction How to take it Take one serving size in the morning. Take additional serving before bed if required. Potency 750mg Carrier Oil MCT Oil Concentration 25mg per serving Drug Test Not Applicable Flavours None Price Range $39.99 $/mg CBD $0.05 Shipping Most orders placed Monday - Friday before 12pm PST are shipped out the same day Lab Tests Lab test results are available on their website Contaminants Free of Pesticides and other harmful checmicals Allergens Non-GMO Refund policy 30-day money-back guarantee Recommended for CBD starters Countries served USA and other countries, except Canada and Australia
Medterra Company Summary
- Medterra is based in Irvine, California. It also has an office based in the Netherlands that caters to other European countries.
- The brand website says that the CBD company Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Co-Founder Jay Hartenbach is a biomedical engineering graduate from Miami.
- According to him, Medterra started in the CBD industry in 2016. The brand aims to produce innovative, all-natural, and THC-free CBD products to help people enhance their well-being and live a healthier life.
- The company also provides a certificate of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) on its website.
- Medterra has a website that caters exclusively to European countries. These countries include Spain, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and Greece.
Medterra Pros and Cons
|Product bundles||Only carries CBD isolates and broad-spectrum CBD|
|Ships internationally||Outdated COA|
|Extensive product pages|
|Rewards program available|
|Assistance program available|
Pros of Medterra
- The brand offers various product bundles that aim to give a 10 to 20% discount per purchase. Each bundle can be customized depending on your needs.
- According to the brand’s website, Medterra’s mission is to make innovative CBD products available to everyone. The brand offers domestic shipping in the United States and international shipping in some European countries.
- Each of the brand’s product pages includes comprehensive details about the product, its ingredients, certificates of analysis (COA), recommended usage and dosage, and other product FAQs.
- The company also offers a rewards program that lets Medterra users earn two reward points for every dollar spent. Accumulated rewards may be claimed as additional discounts: from $10 off to $60 off the product’s price.
- Medterra’s assistance program includes a military program and a long-term disability program. Requirements for each assistance program have to be submitted and approved to qualify for the discount.
Cons of Medterra
- The brand uses CBD isolates and broad-spectrum CBD in its product formulation. It cannot produce the entourage effect commonly associated with full-spectrum CBD extracts(2).
- Most of the COAs available on the brand’s website are dated March 2020. A more recent COA may be more helpful for the brand’s transparency.
Review of Medterra CBD Products
Medterra CBD Oil Tinctures
The brand’s most popular product is its unflavored CBD oil tincture. It is infused with CBD isolates and MCT oil.
According to the website, tincture options include 16mg CBD per dropper serving of the 500mg strength, 33mg CBD per dropper serving of the 1,000mg strength, and 100mg CBD per serving of the 3,000mg CBD strength.
These tinctures may be taken sublingually during the day or at night.
Medterra Broad-Spectrum Cannabinoid Tincture
The brand claims that this broad-spectrum tincture variant utilizes all the other beneficial compounds of the hemp plant without the THC. These compounds are cannabigerol (CBG), cannabinol (CBN), cannabichromene (CBC), cannabidivarin (CBDV), and natural terpenes.
The Medterra Broad-Spectrum Cannabinoid Tincture comes in citrus and strawberry mint flavors. It also has an unflavored variant.
Medterra Pain Cream + CBD
Among the brand’s new products, the Medterra Pain Cream + CBD has the highest ratings on the company website. According to the product page, this CBD cream is formulated with arnica and menthol, aiming to soothe pains.
Research has noted arnica’s beneficial effects on healing bruises and osteoarthritis. It has also shown some potential in reducing inflammation(3).
Medterra Pain Cream + CBD comes in 500mg and 1,000mg CBD concentrations. It may be applied and rubbed directly to affected areas.
Medterra Rapid Cooling Cream
This CBD rapid cooling cream is formulated to alleviate joint pain and promote muscle support.
A study on CBD and sports performance noted CBD’s purported ability to modulate inflammatory processes(4). It was also suggested that CBD may potentially aid in muscle recovery(5).
This product comes in 250mg CBD strength, 500mg CBD strength, 750mg CBD strength, and 1,000mg CBD strength in 50ml and 100ml bottles, respectively.
Medterra CBD Gel Capsules
The brand asserts that these CBD soft gels are a good option for people on the go or traveling.
Medterra claims that these soft gel capsules have a precise CBD dose of 25mg per capsule of the 750mg bottle and 50mg CBD per capsule of the 1,000mg bottle.
One Medterra CBD gel capsule per day is recommended to be taken during the day or at night.
Medterra CBD Gummies Sleep Tight
This variant of the Medterra CBD gummies is formulated to promote a healthy sleep cycle.
CBD and THC’s ability to interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) that influences mood, circadian sleep cycles, and anxiety was documented in a study on the management of sleep disorders(6).
These gummies are a combination of CBD + melatonin, lemon balm, and chamomile.
A study noted the historical mood modulating and cognitive enhancing properties of lemon balm(7). Meanwhile, different chamomile preparations were commonly used for inflammation, muscle spasms, insomnia, menstrual cramps, ulcers, and hay fever(8).
The brand claims that each gummy contains 25mg of CBD. A gummy before sleep is the recommended dosage for these Medterra Sleep Tight CBD gummies.
Medterra also offers other CBD gummies variants, like Keep Calm CBD gummies and Stay Alert CBD gummies.
Medterra Liposomal CBD+ Good Morning Capsules
Medterra asserts that its Good Morning CBD capsules are infused with turmeric, ginger, ashwagandha, and maca that aim to boost energy during the day.
Ashwagandha, known as Indian ginseng or winter cherry, has shown bioactive compounds that may have antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, and immunomodulatory activities(9).
Maca is a cruciferous plant originally from Peru(10). It has the ability to boost energy and promote stamina and endurance, as mentioned in a study discussing maca root extracts(11).
The brand claims that these capsules use liposomal technology. According to the product page, liposomal technology aims to deliver faster and immediate effects of CBD products.
A capsule a day is advised for everyday intake.
Medterra CBD Pet Tinctures
The brand’s pet tinctures come in beef and chicken flavors. They are formulated to enhance your pet’s overall well-being.
The recommended dosage for these pet tinctures depends on the weight of the pet. A pet dosage calculator is available on the product page.
Medterra offers other pet products, like CBD pet tinctures, CBD peanut butter, and CBD pet chews.
A CBD pet trial bundle includes two packs of Medterra CBD Calm and Joint Support variants and a 30ml bottle of the Medterra Unflavored CBD Oil Drops.
|Recommended for||Optimizing Wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Kentucky|
|Popular Products||Medterra CBD Oil Tinctures, Medterra CBD Topical Cooling Cream, and Medterra CBD Gel Capsules|
|Types Sold||CBD isolates and broad-spectrum CBD|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD oil tincture, CBD topicals, CBD capsules, CBD for pets, CBD gummies|
|Price Range||From $19.99 for the Medterra CBD Pet Tinctures and Medterra CBD Roll-On to $199.99 for the Medterra Pain Relief bundle, All Day / All Night bundle, and Defense + Repair bundle.|
|Extraction Method||CO2 extraction method|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||COA is available on the brand website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||According to the COA dated March 2020, the 30ml Medterra CBD Oil Tinctures has 3,155mg of CBD per bottle.|
|Potency||According to the COA dated March 2020, the 30ml Medterra 3,000mg CBD Oil Tincture has 111.29mg/g of CBD per dropper serving.|
|THC Range of Products %||None detected|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil|
|Lab Results||Third-party lab results|
|Shipping/Delivery||Ships to the US and EU|
|Guarantee||30-day satisfaction guarantee|
|Refund Policy||30-day refund policy|
|Vegan and Gluten-free||Vegan-friendly|
|Customer Service||Email: [email protected]
Phone: +31 20 323 0320
|Country Served||The USA and Europe|
The company aims to produce high-quality CBD products at an affordable price using natural ingredients and organic hemp extract.
Medterra highlights its US Hemp Authority certification to assure customers that it provides high-quality CBD and customer service.
Source of Hemp
The company claims to produce quality CBD extracted from organic, non-GMO, and Kentucky-grown hemp plants.
Medterra also asserts that its hemp farms comply with the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s (KDA) Industrial Hemp Pilot Program or the KDA’s Hemp Licensing Program.
The highest-rated Medterra product is the 30ml CBD Oil Unflavored Tincture in 500mg concentration, with 1,844 reviews on the brand’s website.
According to the website, Medterra specializes in producing THC-free CBD products. The brand claims to use pure CBD isolates and broad-spectrum CBD.
Similar to full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD has all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other components of the cannabis plant except THC(12). In contrast, CBD isolate is a pure CBD compound that does not have the beneficial compounds of a whole-plant or a full-spectrum extract(13).
Range of Products/ Forms
The brand’s CBD tinctures come in different variants, such as the Ultra Broad-Spectrum Cannabinoid Tincture, Immune Boost Drops, CBG + CBD Tincture, and CBD Tinctures for Pets.
The price range of the Medterra CBD oil tinctures starts from $34 for the 500mg CBD oil tincture up to $132.99 for the 3,000mg CBD oil tincture.
The brand uses the CO2 extraction process in sourcing the CBD used in its products. CO2 extraction is one of the most common extraction methods for commercial products(14).
Lab Testing Transparency and Availability
The COA for each product is available on the website. The COA page is arranged by product category and specific product name.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
The COA dated March 2020 indicates that the Medterra CBD Oil Tinctures in 30ml have 3,155mg of CBD per bottle.
According to the COA dated March 2020, the 30ml Medterra 3,000mg CBD Oil Tincture has 111.29mg CBD per dropper serving.
THC Range of Products %
It is verified in the COA dated March 2020 that the 30ml Medterra CBD Oil Tincture has zero THC.
Hemp is a cannabis variety with less than 0.3% THC dry weight content(15).
The different variants of Medterra CBD Oil Tinctures come in several flavors, like mint, citrus, strawberry, and natural flavor or unflavored.
Tincture Carrier Oil
The brand’s primary carrier oil is coconut-derived MCT oil.
Coconut oil is known to be rich in medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) and has noted benefits in immunity improvement, weight loss, memory enhancement, and heart support(16).
According to the brand, each of its products is third-party lab tested for CBD content, purity, and contaminants.
The brand’s shipping charges are calculated upon checkout. Shipment times may vary from four to seven business days.
Medterra uses the shipping assistance of USPS Priority Mail, USPS First Class, FedEx Express Saver, FedEx Ground, FedEx 2 Day, and FedEx Standard Overnight for domestic and international shipping.
The company offers a 100% satisfaction– and money-back guarantee for its products. According to the brand website, this guarantee is Medterra’s way of ensuring its products’ quality.
According to the brand’s website, damage claims must be sent to the brand’s email at [email protected] within 72 hours of receiving the products. Refunds are applicable within 30 days of purchase.
According to lab test results indicated in the COA, there are no pesticides, heavy metals, and other harmful solvents in Medterra’s products.
Vegan and Gluten-free
The brand did not indicate if its products are gluten-free. However, it asserts that Medterra’s CBD products are vegan-friendly and made with organic plant materials.
The company’s customer service through phone, email, and live chat is open from Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST, and Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST.
Medterra mainly caters to the 50 states in America. It also ensures the accessibility of its products to European countries, like the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, and Greece.
More About Medterra
Medterra is not yet accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has a rating of B+ on the BBB website. According to the BBB, this B+ rating is due to a complaint that Medterra has not addressed.
The BBB is a non-profit organization that strives to promote trust in the marketplace. It provides information about the company, ratings, and complaints, if there are any(17).
The brand also guarantees that it has a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certificate available on its website.
Other Medterra CBD reviews offer coupon codes for the brand’s CBD products. However, the Medterra website does not give official coupon codes for discounts.
Medterra aspires to innovate the best CBD products that promote immunity, joint and muscle support, a healthy sleep cycle, and improved well-being overall.
However, the brand states that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has yet to evaluate its website’s statements.
The brand’s CBD products are available on its website at medterracbd.com or medterracbd.eu.
- US Hemp Authority, (n.d.), About: US Hemp Authority Certification, retrieved from https://ushempauthority.org/about
- Sansouci, J., (2020), The Rebel’s Apothecary, p. 56, retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QOnrkUAJQyilcYph8sYNptDtwsi3gZUu/view
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, (n.d.), Arnica, retrieved from https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/arnica
- McCartney, D., Benson, M. J., Desbrow, B., Irwin, C., Suraev, A., & McGregor, I. S. (2020). Cannabidiol and Sports Performance: a Narrative Review of Relevant Evidence and Recommendations for Future Research. Sports medicine – open, 6(1), 27. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40798-020-00251-0
- Suraev, A. S., Marshall, N. S., et. al., (October 2020), Cannabinoid therapies in the management of sleep disorders: A systematic review of preclinical and clinical studies, retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1087079220300824?casa_token=no3xMKC39_IAAAAA:Yq9f7f4tIZfVE6TqQo1lMxt_nI44JCWQkw9t-YIFKXu1e_Alo6GB66CfC4EDDME2bPcEvlORecoo
- Scholey, A.; Gibbs, A.; Neale, C.; Perry, N.; Ossoukhova, A.; Bilog, V.; Kras, M.; Scholz, C.; Sass, M.; Buchwald-Werner, S. Anti-Stress Effects of Lemon Balm-Containing Foods. Nutrients 2014, 6, 4805-4821.
- Srivastava, J. K., Shankar, E., Gupta, S., (September 2010), Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with a bright future (Review), retrieved from https://www.spandidos-publications.com/mmr/3/6/895
- Bharti, V. K., Malik, J. K., Gupta R. C., (2016), Chapter 52 – Ashwagandha: Multiple Health Benefits, retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780128021477000528
- LiverTox: Clinical and Research Information on Drug-Induced Liver Injury [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; 2012–. Maca. 2019 Apr 10. PMID: 31643869.
- Chen, H., Han, Y., et. al., (December 2019), Extracts of maca (Lepidium meyenii) root induce increased glucose uptake by inhibiting mitochondrial function in an adipocyte cell line, retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2210803319300284?casa_token=RkIo7ieugYcAAAAA:Wu7Ahp_3xp8PBwvpquKwjFSFuWCLLADnFTnMuno9cXJuRYQVOgy9I22qrr-VZ8TRbE-7B0oessR2
- Sansouci, J., Op. Cit.
- Konieczny, E., Healing with CBD, p.246, retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGlxnhS2SoFeOXEuysv75bd_C9pEnwsU/view
- Sansouci, J., Op. Cit.
- Congressional Research Service, (June 2019), FDA Regulation of Cannabidiol (CBD) Products, retrieved from https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/IF11250.pdf
- Sankararaman, S., Sferra, T.J. Are We Going Nuts on Coconut Oil?. Curr Nutr Rep 7, 107–115 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13668-018-0230-5
- Better Business Bureau, (n.d.), About Us, retrieved from https://www.bbb.org/iowa/get-to-know-us/about-us/what-is-a-bbb/