Overall CBDC Brand Rating for Treatibles: 9.9/10
Treatibles partners with rescues and shelters, like the Villalobos Rescue Center, to bring wellness and happiness to cats and dogs.
The company also takes compliance seriously with its National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) membership, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certification, and Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation.
Treatibles is one of the first few brands to specialize in organic, full-spectrum cannabidiol (CBD) for pets. With harmony for the whole family as its company mission, Treatibles offers CBD for dogs, cats, and horses. The brand also provides CBD oils, creams, and capsules for people.
Each CBD product undergoes third-party lab testing, and updated results are available on the brand’s website.
Treatibles also offers subscription discounts and holiday sales of up to 25%. It also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. However, it does not do international shipping.
Treatibles Company Summary
- Treatibles provides a wide range of full-spectrum CBD products formulated for cats, dogs, and horses. The brand also offers CBD oils, creams, and capsules for humans. Treatibles CBD products undergo third-party lab testing, with results available on the brand’s website.
- Treatibles’ current pet advisor team consists of a veterinarian, a certified canine equine sports massage therapist and canine massage therapist, a certified pet nutrition consultant, and a cat behavior consultant.
- The brand has a TreatiPets program that allows employees to bring their pets to the office. These pets are considered part of the staff and have responsibilities, like greeting people, tasting test products, and serving as stress relievers.
- The company also partners with several rescue shelters, offering them huge discounts on all Treatibles CBD products.
- Treatibles provide subscription and holiday discounts. Wholesale options are also available.
Treatibles Pros and Cons
|Wide range of CBD products||No international shipping|
|Organic, GMO-free hemp|
|Updated lab results on the brand’s website|
|100% money-back guarantee|
|Fast and free shipping options|
|Partner with rescues and shelters|
Pros of Treatibles
- Treatibles offers a wide variety of CBD for pets, such as chews, capsules, creams, and oils. It also provides CBD products for people.
- The brand sources its organic, non-GMO hemp from its company-owned farm in South Carolina.
- Third-party lab testing is conducted per stock keeping unit (SKU). Users can easily access the updated lab results from the brand’s website.
- Treatibles is a member of the NASC, which operates under strict guidance from the Food and Drug Administration / Center for Veterinary Medicine. Thus, Treatibles CBD products are guaranteed safe for pets.
- Treatibles has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The grade represents the BBB’s high level of confidence that Treatibles is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make an effort to resolve any customer complaints.
- Users can file for refunds within 30 days of purchase if they are not satisfied with the brand’s products.
- Standard shipping takes three to five business days, while priority shipping takes two to three business days. Free shipping is available for orders over $75.
- In line with its aim to promote happiness and wellness among pets, the brand partners with rescues and shelters across the United States.
Cons of Treatibles
- Treatibles ships within the US and its territories only.
Review of Treatibles Products
Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottles
Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottles are among the brand’s best sellers. Oil dropper bottles for cats and dogs are available in 90mg and 250mg; CBD oil for dogs and horses, 750mg; and dropper bottles for horses, 1,500mg.
These CBD oil dropper bottles contain full-spectrum CBD. They contain a complete range of cannabinoids or compounds in hemp plants, including CBD, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), terpenes, flavonoids, and other beneficial compounds.
Once these compounds interact, they create a synergy called the “entourage effect,” which is more efficient than isolated compounds(1).
According to the brand, Treatibles oil dropper bottles’ health benefits include a strong immune system, healthy joints, flexibility, and a normal inflammatory response.
Treatibles CBD oil has organic medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) coconut oil as the carrier oil. A 2018 study from Frontiers in Nutrition showed that MCT may help increase dogs’ cognitive function(3).
Pet owners may place CBD oil drops on their hands and let their pet lick the oil. They can also administer CBD directly into their pet’s mouth or add the drops to their pets’ food.
Still, they must consult a veterinarian before buying CBD oil for pets and other related products to ensure their pet’s health.
Treatibles Hard Chews for Dogs
Treatibles Hard Chews for Dogs are another popular product of the brand, available in two sizes: small for dogs below 40lbs and large for large dogs over 40lbs.
Treatibles dog chews come in three varieties: Balance, Calm, and Ease.
The Balance variant is available in pumpkin flavor and designed to promote a healthy digestive tract and strong immune system.
A 2020 review showed that CBD may help suppress the activation of different immune cell types, thus regulating the immune system(4).
Meanwhile, the Calm variant is available in turkey flavor. It is formulated to promote normal emotional balance and relaxation.
A 2015 review highlighted CBD as a potential treatment for anxiety through its interaction with receptors that regulate fear and anxiety-related behaviors, like CB1 and 5-HT1A serotonin receptors(5).
The Ease variant is available in blueberry flavor and intended to provide joint pain relief and reduce inflammation.
A study indicated that CBD may help reduce pain and inflammation by promoting the signaling of the adenosine receptor A2A, which helps suppress immune cells(6).
Treatibles Hard Chews for Dogs contain active ingredients, like turmeric and full-spectrum CBD oil. Inactive ingredients common among the three variants include chickpea flour, cinnamon, kale, molasses, and tapioca.
Pet owners may give these CBD dog treats every four to eight hours as needed, with at least one chew per 40lbs dog weight to a maximum of 10 chews.
CBD edibles, like dog treats, may start to take effect within 30 to 60 minutes(7). According to product reviews, Treatibles chews and other CBD products’ benefits can be felt between five minutes and one hour.
However, results may vary, depending on pet weight, pet’s response to the dog treat, CBD potency, and product quality.
Treatibles Soft Chews for Cats
Treatibles Soft Chews for Cats are also top-selling CBD products from the brand. According to Treatibles, pet owners may give these soft treats to their senior cats that may have trouble chewing.
These soft chews contain quality ingredients, like organic hemp oil, turmeric, papain, bromelain, and catnip.
According to the product page, each Treatibles soft chewable contains 1.5mg of CBD. However, according to the certificate of analysis (COA), each soft chewable contains 1.8mg/g of CBD.
Thus, the actual CBD content is even slightly higher than what is advertised.
The brand recommends giving one soft chew per 10lbs of the cat’s weight. Pet owners may administer CBD chews every four to eight hours, depending on their pet’s needs.
Treatibles chews can stay fresh for up to two years when tightly sealed and stored in a cool, dry place.
Treatibles Topical Cream for Cats and Dogs
Treatibles Topical Cream is available in 60mg and 240mg, formulated with penetrating ingredients to facilitate maximum absorption.
According to the brand, this topical cream is ideal for handling joint inflammation, burns, scratches, and other minor skin conditions in cats and dogs.
CBD may help keep the skin healthy by interrupting free radical (unstable atoms that may damage cells) chain reactions(8).
Treatibles Topical Cream also contains organic full-spectrum hemp oil with naturally occurring CBD and supporting cannabinoids and terpenes.
CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), responsible for performing different biological functions, such as mood regulation, pain perception, stress management, and immune response(9).
According to the brand, once the topical cream is absorbed into the skin, it helps provide calm, balance, and ease.
The brand recommends placing a small amount of cream on the affected area, on the tip of a pet’s ear, or a hairless area of the pet’s body. Pet owners may apply the cream to their pet every four to eight hours, depending on the need.
Treatibles Hemp Oil for People
While Treatibles specialize in CBD for pets, the brand does not forget about the pet owners. It also provides CBD products for people, like the brand’s Auntie Dolores Treatibles Hemp Oil.
Treatibles Hemp Oil for People is available in 750mg and 1,500mg, with the latter available in cinnamon spice flavor.
According to the COA, a 750mg Treatibles hemp oil contains 890.55mg of CBD, significantly higher than what is indicated on the product label. The best CBD oil brands usually provide accurate or higher CBD content and avoid unsupported health claims by adding disclaimers.
Treatibles Hemp Oil for People also contains organic MCT coconut oil, which may help lower weight and decrease metabolic syndrome, abdominal obesity, and inflammation(10).
The same study showed that MCT may help increase exercise endurance.
Adults may start with a 1ml dose every four to eight hours. Users should consult healthcare professionals before using hemp oil products to ensure proper use.
Treatibles Organic Full Spectrum Hemp Oil Capsules
Treatibles’ full-spectrum hemp oil capsules are available in three variants: 25mg for dogs and horses, 10mg for dogs, and 25mg for people.
The 25mg strength is recommended for dogs and horses over 200lbs, while the 10mg variant is recommended for dogs over 100lbs.
Like other Treatibles full-spectrum CBD products, these CBD capsules allow pets and humans to benefit from the “entourage effect” once all compounds combine.
The brand recommends giving one capsule every four to eight hours. However, pet owners may administer more capsules depending on their pet’s needs.
They should also consult a veterinarian to ensure pet safety.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||South Carolina|
|Popular Products||Treatibles Hard Chews for Dogs, Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottles, and Treatibles Soft Chews for Cats|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD|
|Range of Products/Forms||Chews, capsules, creams, and oils for pets, CBD for people|
|Price Range||From $7 for Treatibles Intro Hard Chews (Calm, Balance, or Ease) to $185 for 1,500mg Treatibles Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Dropper Bottles for Horses|
|Extraction Method||Infusion method|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||Third-party lab results are available on the brand’s website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||According to the COA, a 750mg Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottle contains 773.7mg of CBD.|
|Potency||According to the COA, a 750mg Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottle has a CBD potency of 25.79mg/g.|
|THC Range of Products %||0.11%|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Hempseed oil and MCT oil|
|Lab Results||Lab results show that Treatibles CBD products are free from pesticides and other harmful substances.|
|Shipping/Delivery||Three to five business days for standard shipping and two to three days for priority shipping; free shipping for orders over $75|
|Guarantee||100% money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||Consumers may ask for refunds within 30 days of purchase|
|Contaminants||Treatibles CBD products are free from harmful contaminants.|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||Treatibles CBD products are vegan and gluten-free.|
|Customer Service||Call Treatibles at (707) 992-0854, or email the brand at [email protected]treatibles.com.|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Treatibles is committed to promoting wellness among pets and humans through its organic CBD products cultivated from the brand’s own hemp farm.
The brand’s products are NASC-verified, which means that they are guaranteed safe. Treatibles soft and hard chews are manufactured in Safe Quality Foods (SQF)-certified facilities that comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Each Treatibles CBD product also undergoes third-party lab testing to ensure safety and quality.
Source of Hemp
Treatibles sources organic hemp from its own sustainable farm in South Carolina, USA.
Treatibles offers various CBD products for pets and humans. The brand’s best sellers include Treatibles Hard Chews for Dogs, Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottles, and Treatibles Soft Chews for Cats.
All Treatibles CBD products contain full-spectrum CBD.
Range of Products/Forms
The brand offers pet products, like chews, capsules, creams, and oil droppers. It also provides CBD products for people, like oils, creams, capsules, and sanitizers.
Treatibles CBD products range from $7 for Treatibles Intro Hard Chews (4mg CBD per chew) to $185 for 1,500mg Treatibles Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Dropper Bottles for horses.
The brand adopts the infusion method, heating hemp while combining it with oil. Then, the infusion is heated between 140°C and 160°C to extract high-quality compounds, including CBD, terpenes, and other beneficial cannabinoids or compounds.
Lab Testing Transparency & Availability
Lab results for Treatibles CBD products are available on the brand’s website.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
According to the COA, a 750mg Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottle contains 773.7mg of CBD. Thus, the actual CBD concentration is higher than the product label claim.
According to the COA, a 750mg Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottle contains 25.79mg/g.
THC Range of Products %
A 750mg Treatibles Oil Dropper Bottle contains 0.11% THC.
Treatibles CBD products are available in the following flavors:
- Turkey, pumpkin, and blueberry for Treatibles Hard Chews
- Sweet potato for Treatibles Soft Chews
- Cinnamon spice for Treatibles Hemp Oil for People
Tincture Carrier Oil
The brand uses hempseed oil and MCT oil as tincture carrier oils.
Lab results indicate that Treatibles CBD products do not contain pesticides, heavy metals, and other harmful chemicals.
USPS First Class shipping takes three to five business days; USPS Priority shipping, two to three days; and UPS Next Day Saver, overnight. The brand also offers free shipping within the US for orders over $75.
The brand provides a 100% money-back guarantee on its CBD products.
Consumers may ask for refunds within 30 days of purchase if they are not satisfied with the products.
Treatibles CBD products are free from harmful contaminants.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
Treatibles CBD products are vegan and gluten-free.
Customers may call Treatibles at (707) 992-0854 or email the brand at [email protected]treatibles.com.
The brand ships within the United States only.
More About Treatibles
Founded in 2014, Treatibles specializes in full-spectrum CBD for pets.
With compassionate care, quality ingredients, reliable information, and integrity as the brand’s core values, Treatibles continues to formulate CBD products that support animals with various conditions, like loss of appetite, anxiety, and digestive tract issues.
The brand collaborates with pet experts to ensure that they are giving safe, high-quality CBD products.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is CBD?
CBD is one of the hundred phytocannabinoids or compounds found in hemp and marijuana. However, it is more abundant in hemp.
As a non-psychoactive compound, CBD is gaining popularity because of its potential therapeutic benefits in different medical conditions, like anxiety, pain, and depression(11).
What Is the Difference between CBD and THC?
CBD is non-psychoactive. THC is psychoactive, inducing euphoric effects among users.
THC is also present in hemp and marijuana. However, this compound is more abundant in marijuana.
Thus, recreational marijuana and medical marijuana are often illegal because of high THC content. Users should also buy cannabis products in states that allow the use of recreational or medical marijuana.
Is CBD Legal?
Hemp-derived CBD products with 0.3% or less THC are legal at the federal level(12). Thus, pet owners should check the brand’s COA to verify whether a CBD product meets the legal requirement for THC content.
Will CBD Get Your Pet High?
CBD does not cause pets or pet owners a euphoric high as it is non-psychoactive.
However, hemp-derived CBD products may still contain trace amounts of THC. Thus, pet owners should look at the product’s lab results to ensure that the THC content does not exceed 0.3%.
What Are CBD’s Side Effects?
While CBD has various health benefits, it has its corresponding side effects. These include drowsiness, dry mouth, diarrhea, and fatigue(13).
Treatibles specializes in organic, full-spectrum CBD for pets. However, it also offers CBD products for people.
The brand is NASC-verified and BBB-accredited, showing that its products are safe and of high quality.
Treatibles CBD products also undergo third-party lab testing, with updated results provided on the brand’s website.
Note that vets are not allowed to recommend CBD products to clients. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, “under current federal and state law, veterinarians may not administer, dispense, prescribe, or recommend cannabis or its products for animals(14).”
Pet owners can purchase Treatibles CBD products by visiting the brand’s official website. They may also check the authorized online retailers listed on the brand’s website.
- Russo E. B. (2019). The Case for the Entourage Effect and Conventional Breeding of Clinical Cannabis: No “Strain,” No Gain. Frontiers in plant science, 9, 1969. doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2018.01969. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6334252/
- Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente journal, 23, 18–041. doi.org/10.7812/TPP/18-041. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326553/
- Pan, Y., Landsberg, G., Mougeot, I., Kelly, S., Xu, H., Bhatnagar, S., Gardner, C. L., & Milgram, N. W. (2018). Efficacy of a Therapeutic Diet on Dogs With Signs of Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome (CDS): A Prospective Double Blinded Placebo Controlled Clinical Study. Frontiers in nutrition, 5, 127. doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2018.00127. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6299068/#:~:text=The%209%25%20MCT%20diet%20only,symptoms%20of%20CDS%20in%20dogs
- Nichols, J. M., & Kaplan, B. (2020). Immune Responses Regulated by Cannabidiol. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 5(1), 12–31. doi.org/10.1089/can.2018.0073. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7173676/
- Blessing, E. M., Steenkamp, M. M., Manzanares, J., & Marmar, C. R. (2015). Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders. Neurotherapeutics: the journal of the American Society for Experimental NeuroTherapeutics, 12(4), 825–836. doi.org/10.1007/s13311-015-0387-1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4604171/
- Russo E. B. (2008). Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain. Therapeutics and clinical risk management, 4(1), 245–259. doi.org/10.2147/tcrm.s1928. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/#b26
- Borodovsky, J. T., Crosier, B. S., Lee, D. C., Sargent, J. D., & Budney, A. J. (2016). Smoking, vaping, eating: Is legalization impacting the way people use cannabis?. The International journal on drug policy, 36, 141–147. doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2016.02.022. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5010515/
- Atalay, S., Jarocka-Karpowicz, I., & Skrzydlewska, E. (2019). Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol. Antioxidants (Basel, Switzerland), 9(1), 21. doi.org/10.3390/antiox9010021. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7023045/#:~:text=CBD%20has%20potential%20antioxidant%20properties,the%20benzene%20ring%20%5B18%5D
- Skaper, S. D., & Di Marzo, V. (2012). Endocannabinoids in nervous system health and disease: the big picture in a nutshell. Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological sciences, 367(1607), 3193–3200. doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2012.0313. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481537/
- Wang, Y., Liu, Z., Han, Y., Xu, J., Huang, W., & Li, Z. (2018). Medium Chain Triglycerides enhance exercise endurance through the increased mitochondrial biogenesis and metabolism. PloS one, 13(2), e0191182. doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0191182. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5805166/
- Corroon, J., & Phillips, J. A. (2018). A Cross-Sectional Study of Cannabidiol Users. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 3(1), 152–161. doi.org/10.1089/can.2018.0006. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6043845/#:~:text=Results%3A%20Almost%2062%25%20of%20CBD,reported%20%E2%80%9Cnot%20very%20well.%E2%80%9D
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (2020, Oct. 1). FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products, Including Cannabidiol (CBD). Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/fda-regulation-cannabis-and-cannabis-derived-products-including-cannabidiol-cbd
- Bauer, B. A. (2018, Dec. 20). What are the benefits of CBD — and is it safe to use? Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/is-cbd-safe-and-effective/faq-20446700
- American Kennel Club. (2018, Oc. 17). How to Talk to Your Veterinarian About CBD Oil. Retrieved from https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/talk-veterinarian-cbd-oil/