Overall CBDC Brand Rating for Restorative Botanicals: 7/10
Restorative Botanicals products are formulated to support pain management and stress and anxiety relief. The brand’s Restore product line aims to target the endocannabinoid system (ECS) that restores and maintains a positive balance in the body, including the mind.
Research suggested that CBD reduces anxiety in people with Social Anxiety Disorders (SAD)(1). Studies have also noted the influence of cannabinoids on the immune network of the body(2).
The company promises a Colorado-grown, organic, and high-quality blend of full-spectrum hemp oil extract and premium quality cold-pressed hempseed oil infusion in its products. However, the COAs for each product, including the reports on contaminants, are not accessible.
Restorative Botanicals’ wide range of products includes CBD hemp oil tinctures, CBD gummies, CBD topicals, CBD soft gels, CBD lozenges, CBD caramels, and CBD for pets. However, information on the usage and dosage of each CBD product is unavailable.
A ‘frequently asked questions’ (FAQ) page, which can especially benefit first-time users, is also not available on the brand’s website.
The brand features relatively affordable CBD products. When you purchase the 4oz Restore Pure6 Hemp Oil Extract (Advanced Blend), you spend $0.17 for every mg of CBD. The company also offers a Restorative Rewards membership that gives loyal consumers exclusive access to the brand’s best deals, rewards, and perks.
Restorative Botanicals Company Summary
- Restorative Botanicals LLC is a CBD company based in Longmont, Colorado.
- The company asserts that it uses natural and organically grown, non-GMO Colorado hemp plants.
- Restorative Botanicals believes in the beneficial properties of utilizing whole-plant extracts and their naturally occurring phytocompounds, flavonoids, cannabinoids, and terpenes.
- The Restorative Botanical hemp oils are claimed to be infused with premium quality carrier oil extracts and essential oils.
- The brand has an Extra Strength line of hemp oil extract formulated to restore calmness to the body and mind. This product line claims to have six times the strength of the brand’s regular hemp oil products.
Restorative Botanicals Pros and Cons
|Wide-range of products||The COAs and lab test results are not accessible|
|Relatively affordable||Proper dosage and usage not specified|
|Has CBD for pets||FAQ page not available|
Pros of Restorative Botanicals
- The brand has a wide range of products that promotes non-psychoactive blends of hemp with a formulation that targets pain, stress, and anxiety. These full-spectrum products promise fast and functional effects.
- Restorative Botanicals’ whole-plant full-spectrum hemp extract products are relatively affordable and offer a decent amount of CBD oil concentration compared to other brands. When you buy the 4oz Restore Pure6 Hemp Oil Extract (Advanced Blend), you spend $0.17 for every 1mg of CBD.
- The company offers CBD products that are formulated for pets. They are made to manage pain and provide cats and dogs calming relief.
Cons of Restorative Botanicals
- Restorative Botanicals has a page specifically for its certificate of analysis (COA). However, the COAs are not accessible and viewable.
- Since the brand’s COA is not available, there is no way to view each product’s lab results. Thus, proof of safety cannot be verified.
- The website does not contain information on how to use the products. Even the suggested dose for each product is not included.
- The brand’s website does not have a ‘frequently asked questions’ (FAQ) page for first-time CBD users.
Review of Restorative Botanicals Products
Restorative Botanicals Restore Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Extract
These Restorative Botanicals’ best-selling full-spectrum hemp oil blends have different variants.
Variants include the Restore Calm Hemp Oil Supplement, Restore CBG, Restore Pure Hemp Oil Supplement, Restore Whole Body Health Hemp Oil Supplement, Restore Calm6 Hemp Oil Extract – Advanced Blend, and Restore Pure6 Hemp Oil Extract – Advanced Blend.
Restorative Botanicals’ hemp oil tinctures are designed to support tension relief, focus, sleep, muscle relaxation.
A study on CBD’s effects on anxiety and sleep suggested CBD’s calming effect on the central nervous system(3).
Restore Calm Hemp Oil has three flavors: chocolate mint, spice, and chai. The brand claims that these flavored hemp oil tinctures have no added sugars or artificial ingredients.
The brand’s full-spectrum hemp oil tinctures come in 0.33oz, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz, and 8oz bottle sizes.
Restorative Botanicals 4Paws Pet Blend Hemp Oil Extract
This pet-specific product has a blend of the Restorative Botanicals full-spectrum hemp oil, cod liver oil, and organic hempseed oil.
Restorative Botanicals 4Paws Pet Blend Hemp Oil Extract is formulated to support your pet’s overall health, promote calmness, and target muscle and joint pains.
According to animal studies, CBD has shown possible benefits in decreasing endogenous pain of acute arthritic conditions of mice(4).
Like the other brand tinctures, 4Paws Pet Blend also comes in 0.33oz, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz, and 8oz bottle sizes.
Restorative Botanicals Bolder Gummies
Restorative Botanicals Bolder gummies claim to provide a highly effective and easy way to take full-spectrum whole-plant hemp extract. They are available in 7-piece and 30-piece resealable pack.
Bolder gummies have different flavors, including cherry, raspberry, and lemon. They have 10mg of full-spectrum CBD in each gummy.
These gummies are designed to have holistic benefits, like enhanced mental clarity, muscle and joint support, tension relief, and improved sleep.
Restorative Botanicals Comfort Balm Warming Muscle and Joint Salve
The brand’s Comfort Balm line claims to have hemp oil blended with seven active essential oils, including arnica oil. It is designed to be a fast-acting muscle and joint pain relief cream.
Restorative Botanicals Comfort Balm is made with olive oil and beeswax that are known for their skin benefits.
The brand’s Comfort Balm has 60mg and 180mg full-spectrum CBD concentrations. It is available in 0.5oz and 1 oz containers.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Colorado|
|Popular Products||Restorative Botanicals Restore Pure6 Hemp Oil Extract Advanced Blend, Restorative Botanicals Bolder Gummies, Restorative Botanicals 4Paws Pet Blend Hemp Oil Extract, and Restorative Botanicals Restore Calm Hemp Oil Supplement|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD shot, CBD tinctures, CBD gummies, CBD supplements, CBD soft gels, CBD for pets, CBD topicals|
|Price Range||From $14.99 for the 150mg Restorative Botanicals Bolder Soothers Hemp Lozenges to $99.99 for the Restorative Botanicals Full-Spectrum Restore Calm Hemp Oil Extract|
|Extraction Method||Supercritical CO2 extraction method|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||The COA for the brand’s products are not accessible.|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||According to the COA, the 30ml Restorative Botanicals High Strength tincture has 411.51mg of CBD per unit.|
|Potency||According to the COA, the 30ml Restorative Botanicals High Strength Tincture has 13.72mg/ml of CBD|
|THC Range of Products %||The 30ml Restorative Botanicals High Strength Tincture has 0.0467% THC based on a COA from June 2019|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Hempseed oil, medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) coconut oil, sunflower seed oil|
|Lab Results||Third-party lab tested|
|Shipping/Delivery||No international shipping|
|Guarantee||100% customer satisfaction, money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||30-day refund policy|
|Contaminants||No lab results available|
|Vegan and Gluten-free||Some products are vegan and gluten-free|
|Customer Service||Email: [email protected] |
Restorative Botanicals’ products aim to provide calmness, alleviate pain, manage anxiety, and restore balance in the body. The brand supports general wellness and promotes the boosting of the immune system.
Research noted that cannabinoids may modulate immune reactions in the brain(6).
Source of Hemp
The brand claims that its products are US-made and its hemp extracts are sourced from organic farms in Longmont, Colorado, the state known to set the standards in the hemp industry in the US.
According to the product page, the highest-rated and most featured Restorative Botanicals products are the Restore Pure6 Hemp Oil Extract Advanced Blend and Restore Calm6 Hemp Oil Extract Advanced Blend.
These hemp oil extracts have the highest CBD concentrations among the brand’s other CBD products.
The company uses whole-plant, full-spectrum hemp extracts in its CBD products.
Range of Products/ Forms
The brand offers a wide range of products. Some of these are edibles, including Bolder caramels, Bolder lozenges, and Hemp Oil Soft Gels.
Restorative Botanicals’ prices range from $14.99 to $99.99. The brand’s best-selling hemp oil tinctures range from $9.99 for the 0.33oz bottle to $179.99 for the 8oz bottle.
Restorative Botanicals uses the supercritical CO2 extraction process in obtaining hemp extracts.
The Supercritical CO2 extraction method is a high–yielding and efficient method in obtaining cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa L.(7).
Lab Testing Transparency and Availability
There is a page on the brand’s website dedicated to the certificates of analysis. However, the files or photos of the COAs are not accessible or clickable.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
According to the COA, the Restorative Botanicals 30ml High Strength Hemp Oil Supplement has 411.51mg of CBD per unit. This information shows a higher concentration of CBD than what is advertised.
The June 2019 COA of Restorative Botanical’s 30ml High Strength Hemp Oil Supplement contains 13.71mg/ml of CBD per dropper serving.
THC Range of Products %
The brand claims that its 30ml High Strength Hemp Oil Supplement has a 0.0467% THC content. However, the COA for other products cannot be accessed, and their THC content cannot be verified.
Hemp is defined as a Cannabis sativa L. variety with 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) on a dry weight basis. It is considered federally legal to cultivate industrial hemp under the 2018 Farm Bill(8).
According to the brand’s website, Restore Calm Hemp Oil’s best-selling flavor is the chocolate mint flavor.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Restore Botanicals claims to use superior quality cold-press hempseed oil as its primary carrier oil. It is derived from hempseeds, known sources of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids(9).
Omega-3 and omega-6 have known health benefits, such as blood pressure regulation and anti-inflammatory effects(10).
The brand also uses MCT and sunflower oil in some of its products.
The company claims that its products are third-party lab tested. However, the brand’s COA reports are not accessible to show the lab test results.
The brand ships within the United States only.
Restorative Botanicals promises 100% customer satisfaction.
The brand accepts refunds within 30 days of purchase. These refunds require proof of purchase of sealed and undamaged products.
Restorative Botanicals claims that its Colorado-grown hemp is free of pesticides and herbicides.
Vegan and Gluten-free
According to the product page, the ingredients used in the Restorative Botanicals’ Bolder Caramels are gluten-free and vegan. However, the brand did not specify if its other products are vegan or gluten-free.
For inquiries and wholesale orders, you may contact Restorative Botanicals via [email protected] or call 720-684-6100.
The brand is only available in the United States.
Restorative Botanicals products are available on the brand’s website and other external e-commerce sites, such as Amazon. You may also visit its website at www.restorativebotanicals.com to know more about the brand.
- Crippa, J. A., Durenusson, G. N., Ferrari, T. B., et. al., (2010), Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report, retrieved from https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0269881110379283
- Tanasescu, R., Contantinescu, C. S., (August 2010), Cannabinoids and the immune system: An overview, retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0171298509001880?casa_token=GTx5Ru0RswUAAAAA:yH-7RTnlFl3gJ_prH5o3T5MU4_ySOA4b753QmxXgEbb-VyvwNbezjBYA1ivdD0qPa_GSKJnOxGMN
- Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente journal, 23, 18–041. https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/18-041
- Gusho, C. A., & Court, T. (2020). Cannabidiol: A Brief Review of Its Therapeutic and Pharmacologic Efficacy in the Management of Joint Disease. Cureus, 12(3), e7375. https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.7375
- Al-Waili, N. S., (January 2005), Mixture of Honey, Beeswax and Olive Oil Inhibits Growth of Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans, vol.36:1, pp.10-13, doi.org/10.1016/j.arcmed.2004.10.002
- Tanasescu, R., Op. Cit.
- Rovetto, L. J., Aieta, N. V., (November 2017), Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction of cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa L., vol.129, pp.16-27, doi.org/10.1016/j.supflu.2017.03.014
- Congressional Research Service, (March 2019), Defining Hemp: A Fact Sheet, retrieved from https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44742.pdf
- Callaway, J. C., (March 2010), Hempseed Oil in a Nutshell, retrieved from https://www.aocs.org/stay-informed/inform-magazine/featured-articles/hempseed-oil-in-a-nutshell-march-2010?SSO=True
- European Food and Information Council, March 2019, The importance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, retrieved from https://www.eufic.org/en/whats-in-food/article/the-importance-of-omega-3-and-omega-6-fatty-acids#:~:text=Both%20omega%2D3%20(%CF%89%2D,blood%20pressure%20and%20inflammatory%20responses.