Overall CBDC Brand Rating: 8.5/10
Based in Arizona, Populum’s commitment is to destigmatize the hemp plant and spread awareness of its health benefits.
- Populum sources its non-GMO hemp from local Colorado farmers and manufactures its products using FDA-compliant manufacturing facilities.
- The company employs a three-part testing protocol and a third-party laboratory to maintain its safety and efficacy. The test results are available on the company website.
Populum was founded in 2016 by Gunhee Park and Ola Olusga. The company’s ethos comes from the Latin phrase “ad populum” or “for the people,” as it aims to bring the therapeutic effects of hemp closer to the masses.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Colorado|
|Popular Products||Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil, Cold Therapy Hemp Rub, Lavender + CBD Face Oil|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum products|
|Range of Products/Forms||Tinctures, topicals, capsules, and pet products|
|Extraction Method||Ethanol extraction process|
|Lab Testing Transparency and Availability||A physical copy of the lab report is included in each products’ packaging|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||Each 90-ml tube of Cold Therapy Hemp Rub contains 100mg of CBD, as indicated on the product label|
|Potency||Each 90-ml tube of Cold Therapy Hemp Rub contains 129.49mg CBD per serving size, according to its COA|
|THC Range of Products %||There is no detectable THC level in the Cold Therapy Hemp Rub|
|Flavors||Tinctures and capsules are formulated with orange extract|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||MCT oil|
|Lab Results||The CBD concentrations of some Populum products are higher than what is advertised|
|Price Range||Products range from $25.60 for a 30ml bottle of Zen Pets Calming Hemp Oil (100mg) to $220 for the Evening CBD Routine Set|
|Shipping||Shipping is available in the US only|
|Delivery||Five to seven days for standard shipping; three to five days for expedited shipping|
|Guarantee||30-day free trial for first-time customers|
|Contaminants||No microbial or heavy metal contaminants, solvents, or mycotoxins were detected|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||Most products are vegan and gluten-free|
|Refund Policy||Items can be refunded within 30 days of order delivery|
|Customer Service||Phone Number: (855) 872-2772|
Email: [email protected]
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Populum’s products are recommended to individuals who want to achieve a healthier lifestyle by incorporating CBD products into their daily wellness routine.
Source of Hemp
Populum sources its non-GMO hemp from local farms in Colorado.
There are at least six products listed on Populum’s website. The company’s most reviewed products are Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil, Cold Therapy Hemp Rub, and Lavender + CBD Face Oil.
Populum sells full-spectrum CBD products.
Range of Products/Forms
Populum offers tinctures, topicals, capsules, and pet products.
Populum uses the ethanol extraction process to produce high-quality hemp oil.
Lab Testing Transparency/Availability
Populum employs third-party labs to test its products for potency and purity. A physical copy of the lab report is included in each products’ packaging, which is also accessible via the company’s website.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
Based on its packaging, each 90-ml tube of Cold Therapy Hemp Rub contains 100mg of CBD.
Based on its certificate of analysis (COA), each 90-ml tube of Cold Therapy Hemp Rub contains 129.49mg CBD.
THC Range of Products % (less than 0.3% – nonpsychoactive)
No amount of THC could be detected from each 90-ml tube of Cold Therapy Hemp Rub.
Populum’s CBD oil tincture and capsules are flavored with orange extract.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Populum uses medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil as its carrier oil.
The company’s products range from $25.60 for a 30ml bottle of Zen Pets Calming Hemp Oil (100mg) to $220 for the Evening CBD Routine Set.
Populum also offers a permanent 25% discount on active and veteran military personnel.
Individuals who rescue or foster pets from shelters are also entitled to a 25% discount on the company’s pet products.
Shipping and Delivery
Free shipping is available for all orders. The standard free shipping takes five to seven business days.
Populum also offers expedited shipping for an additional $7, which takes three to five business days only. Shipping is available in the US only.
The company offers a 30-day free trial for its first-time customers who want to try Populum’s CBD products for the first time. The free trial covers only one product per customer.
Customers may return an item by informing Populum within 30 days of order delivery.
Populum’s products are free from microbial contaminants, heavy metal, solvents, and mycotoxins.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
Most products, except for the CBD softgel capsules, are vegan and gluten-free.
Customer inquiries may be directed to [email protected] or (855) 872-2772.
Populum products are available in the US only.
|Products are made from locally grown, non-GMO hemp and manufactured in FDA-approved facilities||Limited product range|
|Products have been tested three times and declared safe from contaminants||Minimal information on the company|
|30-day free trial for new customers||Available in the US only|
|25% off for military personnel and pet owners|
|Free shipping for all orders|
Pros of the Company
- Populum’s products are made from non-GMO, Colorado-grown hemp, and processed in FDA-approved facilities.
- Populum employs a three-part testing protocol and a third-party laboratory to test their products’ safety and potency. All products have been tested and declared free from contaminants.
- First-time customers are entitled to a 30-day free trial of one Populum product of their choice.
- Populum offers a permanent 25% discount to all active and veteran US military personnel. Individuals who rescue or foster pets from shelters are also entitled to a 25% discount on the company’s pet products.
- Free shipping is available for all orders, although an expedited delivery option is also available for an extra fee.
Cons of the Company
- To date, Populum has only six products. This limited product range might be restrictive to more experienced CBD users.
- There is limited information available on its website regarding the company and its manufacturing process.
- The brand and its products are available in the US only.
Review of Populum Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil
One of Populum’s most reviewed products is its Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil, which has a distinct orange flavor. The tincture is more commonly taken under the tongue or sublingually but can also be mixed in food or used topically.
The product’s full-spectrum formula is a potent source of natural properties, including minor cannabinoids and terpenes. These compounds stimulate the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
The ECS is responsible for maintaining the body’s overall homeostasis or balance by modulating several different body systems, such as pain signaling, attention, memory, inflammation, mood, and reward processing(1).
Review of Populum Lavender + CBD Face Oil
Populum’s Lavender + CBD Face Oil is uniquely formulated to take advantage of CBD’s anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to give consumers a healthier, more moisturized skin.
Researchers have long hypothesized that CBD’s anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties might help address several skin conditions, including acne and dry skin(2).
Studies have also noted that other cannabinoids, such as cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabigerol (CBG) – at times found in full-spectrum CBD products – have anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties(3).
Populum’s efforts to de-stigmatize the hemp plant and spread awareness of CBD’s health-promoting properties to the general public is evident in its streamlined product range and dedication to quality and transparency.
While CBD has numerous possible health benefits, customers are advised to consult with a doctor experienced in cannabis use before incorporating CBD products in their daily routine.
- Gamage, T. F., & Lichtman, A. H. (2011). The Endocannabinoid System: Role in Energy Regulation. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 58(1), 144–148. https://doi.org/10.1002/pbc.23367
- Oláh, Attila, Arnold Markovics, Judit Szabó-Papp, Pálma Tímea Szabó, Colin Stott, Christos C. Zouboulis, and Tamás Bíró. “Differential Effectiveness of Selected Non-Psychotropic Phytocannabinoids on Human Sebocyte Functions Implicates Their Introduction in Dry/Seborrhoeic Skin and Acne Treatment.” Experimental Dermatology 25, no. 9 (2016): 701–7. https://doi.org/10.1111/exd.13042
- Eisohly HN, Turner CE, Clark AM, Eisohly MA. Synthesis and antimicrobial activities of certain cannabichromene and cannabigerol related compounds. J Pharm Sci. 1982 Dec; 71(12):1319-23. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.2600711204.
CBD Clinicals is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more