Overall CBDC Brand Rating: 8/10
For every product sold, Plant People plants a tree through its partnership with an American non-profit, reforestation organization.
New York-based brand Plant People was born out of the shared experiences of its founders, Gabe Kennedy and Hudson Gaines-Ross, in surgeries, spinal injuries, and pharmaceutical medications.
Since then, the brand has made it a mission to empower communities through the healing benefits of alternative plant-based medicines, such as CBD.
Plant People also ensures the safety and potency of its products through clean and safe manufacturing practices and third-party lab testing.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Colorado|
|Popular Products||Drops + Relief, Balm + Relief, Be Calm|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum and CBD isolates|
|Range of Products/Forms||Tinctures, capsules, and topical products|
|Extraction Method||CO2 and ethanol extraction method|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||Results for most products are available on the company website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||A 30-ml bottle of Drops + Mind + Body contains 667.4626mg of CBD, according to its COA|
|Potency||A 30-ml bottle of Drops + Mind + Body contains 21.160mg/ml of CBD, according to its COA|
|THC Range of Products %||The THC level for a 30-ml bottle of Drops + Mind + Body is 0.108%|
|Flavors||No additional flavorings|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||MCT oil|
|Lab Results||CBD concentration for all products are higher than the values advertised|
|Price Range||From $48.99 for a 2-oz jar of Balm + Relief (450mg) to $119.99 for a 30ml bottle of Drops + Sleep (1440mg)|
|Shipping/Delivery||Ships domestically via USPS and UPS Ground; international shipping is available|
|Guarantee||No money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||Items may be returned within 30 days of order delivery|
|Contaminants||Safe from harmful contaminants|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||All products are vegan and gluten-free|
|Customer Service||Email [email protected] or call +1 855.422.0990|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Plant People’s products are made from full-spectrum hemp extract. The company sources its industrial hemp from farms certified by the Colorado Department of Agriculture, giving customers the confidence that the company adheres to the highest farming standards.
Products are also third-party tested to ensure the products’ safety and potency.
Source of Hemp
Plant People sources its hemp from Colorado.
There are 11 CBD products listed on the brand’s website. The most popular products are Drops + Sleep, Balm + Relief, and Be Calm capsules.
Plant People products contain full-spectrum and pure CBD.
Range of Products/Forms
Plant People offers various products, including tinctures, capsules, and topical products.
Plant People uses the CO2 extraction method for the majority of its products, while it uses the ethanol extraction method for its capsules.
Lab Testing Transparency/Availability
Lab results for most Plant People products are available on its website.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
Its certificate of analysis (COA) indicates that a 30-ml bottle of Drops + Mind + Body contains 667.4626mg of CBD.
Its COA indicates that a 30-ml bottle of Drops + Mind + Body contains 21.160mg/ml of CBD.
THC Range of Products % (less than 0.3% – non-psychoactive)
Based on its COA, the THC level for a 30-ml bottle of Drops + Mind + Body is 0.108%.
Plant People’s products do not contain additional flavors.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Plant People uses medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil as its carrier oil.
Prices for Plant People products range from $48.99 for a 2-oz jar of Balm + Relief (450mg) to $119.99 for a 30ml bottle of Drops + Sleep (1440mg).
Discount coupon codes are also available on third-party affiliate websites.
Shipping and Delivery
Plant People ships in the US via USPS. Expedited shipping is an option through UPS Ground, 2-Day, and Next Day Air. International shipping is available.
Plant People does not offer a money-back guarantee on its products.
Customers may file a return or refund claim within 30 days of order delivery. Plant People does not cover the loss or seizure of internationally shipped items.
Plant People products are free from harmful chemical, microbial, and physical contaminants.
Customers can email [email protected] or call +1 855.422.0990 for any inquiries. Discount codes are available online.
Plant People ships its products within the USA.
|Made from 100% organic industrial hemp||Some products do not have lab test results|
|Free from contaminants||No money-back guarantee|
|A healthy variety of products|
|International shipping available|
Pros of the Company
- Plant People products are made from 100% organic, locally sourced industrial hemp.
- Based on lab test results, Plant People products are free from harmful contaminants.
- The brand offers a variety of condition-specific products, from tinctures, capsules, and topicals.
- Plant People offers international shipping.
Cons of the Company
- Products, such as the CBD Body Lotion and Relief + Cooling Body Cream, do not have lab test results.
- There is no money-back guarantee for Plant People products.
Review of Plant People Balm + Relief
One of Plant People’s most popular CBD products is the Balm + Relief – a soothing, healing salve formulated with CBD, cannabichromene (CBC), and other botanical ingredients.
This CBD balm is designed to soothe muscle soreness, sprains, and bruises while promoting improved blood circulation.
Aside from CBD, CBC is a non-psychotropic cannabinoid abundant in the cannabis plant.
While peer-reviewed studies are limited, some researchers have noted that, much like CBD, CBC links with the body’s endocannabinoid system and assists in modulating the body’s response to inflammation and pain(1).
CBC has been observed to work without the common side effects present in over-the-counter pain medications(2).
Another study also examined the relationship between CBC and THC and found evidence that THC, even in trace amounts, may help amplify the anti-inflammatory properties of CBC(3).
Review of Plant People Drops + Mind + Body
Plant People’s Drops + Mind + Body is designed to help consumers achieve a calm mind and body. The 30-ml tincture comes in three concentrations: 315mg, 630mg, and 1260mg.
Aside from CBD, Drops + Mind + Body also contains cannabigerol and cannabicyclol. The synergy between these cannabinoids may produce the “entourage effect,” a phenomenon where two or more cannabis compounds synergize and create a more potent effect on the human body than the impact of a single compound(4).
Plant People is genuinely committed to making a positive impact on its customer base by producing high-quality and thoughtfully curated products.
It also values transparency to its customers through updated third-party lab test results and the inclusion of product ingredients on its website.
The brand also aims to positively impact its community by giving back through tree-planting efforts.
- Maione, Sabatino, Fabiana Piscitelli, Luisa Gatta, Daniela Vita, Luciano De Petrocellis, Enza Palazzo, Vito De Novellis, and Vincenzo Di Marzo. “Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoids Modulate the Descending Pathway of Antinociception in Anaesthetized Rats through Several Mechanisms of Action.” British Journal of Pharmacology 162, no. 3 (2011): 584–96. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2010.01063.x.
- Izzo, Angelo A, Raffaele Capasso, Gabriella Aviello, Francesca Borrelli, Barbara Romano, Fabiana Piscitelli, Laura Gallo, Francesco Capasso, Pierangelo Orlando, and Vincenzo Di Marzo. “Inhibitory Effect of Cannabichromene, a Major Non-Psychotropic Cannabinoid Extracted from Cannabis Sativa, on Inflammation-Induced Hypermotility in Mice.” British Journal of Pharmacology 166, no. 4 (2012): 1444–60. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2012.01879.x.
- Delong, Gerald T., Carl E. Wolf, Alphonse Poklis, and Aron H. Lichtman. “Pharmacological Evaluation of the Natural Constituent of Cannabis Sativa, Cannabichromene and Its Modulation by Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol☆.” Drug and Alcohol Dependence 112, no. 1-2 (2010): 126–33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2010.05.019.
- Russo, Ethan B. “Taming THC: Potential Cannabis Synergy and Phytocannabinoid-Terpenoid Entourage Effects.” British Journal of Pharmacology 163, no. 7 (2011): 1344–64. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x.