Overall CBDC Brand Rating for HempFusion: 8.5/10
HempFusion is a US Hemp Authority-certified brand committed to providing consumers with high-quality cannabidiol (CBD) products.
It has a proprietary Whole Food Hemp Complex that includes a wide array of phytocannabinoids and terpenes. This formulation aims to provide an entourage effect and maximize the potential benefits of the hemp plant.
According to the official website, HempFusion‘s manufacturing facilities are certified by the (International Organization for Standardization) and cGMP (current good manufacturing practices).
Third-party laboratories test all products to ensure the absence of pesticides, heavy metals, residual solvents, and bacteria. However, you need the product’s QR code or lot number to access the full test results on the website.
This Georgia-based CBD company also gives back to the community by supporting various causes, including Autism Hopes, Veterans, and other Human Health Organizations.
Although HempFusion uses European–grown hemp in its full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD products, the brand says that the hemp is certified and DNA-verified.
HempFusion serves all 50 states and offers free shipping on all orders.
HempFusion Company Summary
- HempFusion is a Georgia-based brand founded in 2016. Its product line includes CBD tinctures, capsules, topicals, and hemp oil extracts.
- The brand’s products are derived from full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD. HempFusion uses a proprietary Whole Food Hemp Complex, which includes various phytocannabinoids and terpenes.
- HempFusion claims that its hemp is DNA-verified and extracted using a solvent-free CO2 method.
- According to the official website, HempFusion‘s primary manufacturing facility is ISO 9001-certified and cGMP compliant.
- HempFusion products undergo third-party laboratory testing for potency, safety, purity, and quality. However, you need a QR code or lot number to view the complete lab reports on the website.
HempFusion Pros and Cons
|US Hemp Authority-certified||Hemp is grown in Europe|
|DNA-verified hemp and certified as European agricultural hemp||Lab results need QR codes or lot numbers|
|Whole Food Hemp Complex|
|ISO- and cGMP-certified manufacturing facilities|
Pros of HempFusion
- HempFusion is certified by the US Hemp Authority(1).
- According to the brand, its hemp is certified and DNA-validated as European agricultural hemp.
- HempFusion claims that it uses a proprietary Whole Food Hemp Complex designed to enhance the entourage effect.
- The company’s manufacturing facilities are certified by the ISO and adhere to cGMP regulations.
- HempFusion offers free shipping on all orders.
Cons of HempFusion
- The hemp used by the brand is not locally grown and is sourced from Europe.
- You need the product’s QR code or lot number to access the complete lab results on the website.
Review of HempFusion CBD Products
HempFusion CBD Tinctures
HempFusion CBD Tinctures aim to promote a natural mind and healthy balance. The brand says that the tincture harnesses CBD’s superfood power by delivering a wide array of beneficial compounds to produce an entourage effect.
The CBD tincture is available in three sizes: 5mg, 10mg, and 20mg. According to HempFusion, the product is enhanced with DNA-verified, broad-spectrum hemp extract.
The tincture features the brand’s Whole Food Hemp Complex combined with black cumin seed oil’s antioxidant properties.
Black cumin seed oil may also help treat asthma(3) and aid weight loss(4).
HempFusion‘s Whole Food Hemp Complex is designed to give consumers potent CBD and a full array of cannabinoids from the hemp plant. This infusion also includes omega 3, 6, 9, and additional terpenes to create an entourage effect.
The entourage effect has the potential to maximize the health benefits of the cannabis plant and support the body’s ability to absorb cannabis’ phytocompounds(5).
CBD tinctures may be taken under the tongue (sublingually) or by adding to your food and drinks.
If you are taking CBD for the first time, you may begin with a low dose and gradually increase the dosage once your body gets used to it or if there is little to no effect.
Before buying or taking the product, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional to determine the suitable dosage.
HempFusion CBD Capsules
If you prefer conveniently taking your daily CBD dose, HempFusion CBD Capsules are an excellent choice. This product is categorized by strengths and benefits.
The first variation has three strengths: Extra Strength (5mg of CBD), Double Strength (10mg of CBD), and Maximum Strength (20mg of CBD). These are the capsule forms of HempFusion CBD oil.
The second variation provides the potential benefits of CBD for sleep, digestion, stress, and energy. Each bottle contains 30 vegetarian liquid capsules, while each capsule shell contains 5mg of CBD.
HempFusion Sleep CBD Capsules are infused with GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) and the brand’s Whole Food Hemp Complex (WFHC).
The WFHC is formulated with broad-spectrum CBD for the entourage effect and to provide sleep support.
GABA is a chemical messenger that serves as the brakes for the nervous system to promote relaxation. According to clinical studies, GABA may help reduce occasional stress and support restful sleep(6).
HempFusion 5.0 Digestive is formulated with broad-spectrum CBD from nutritional hemp. This fusion of unique plant extracts includes terpenes from black pepper fruit and clove oil.
Digestive capsules aim to support a healthy colon and digestive system while maintaining a healthy endocannabinoid system function.
HempFusion Stress CBD Capsules are designed to provide stress support. The product combines the Whole Food Hemp Complex and ashwagandha, an ayurvedic herb.
Ashwagandha is a potent adaptogen that helps balance the body’s response to occasional physical and mental stress(7).
Clinical studies suggested that ashwagandha may lower cortisol (stress hormone) levels and inhibit tension, fatigue, and exhaustion associated with stress(8).
HempFusion Energy CBD Capsules are formulated with broad-spectrum CBD, guayusa, ginseng, and ginger to promote balanced energy.
Studies showed that guayusa is a rich source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties(9).
Guayusa also contains significant caffeine concentrations that may boost energy, mood, and alertness(10).
All HempFusion CBD Capsules are available in a convenient, two-count travel pouch.
Before taking CBD capsules, it is recommended to consult your healthcare provider. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) currently does not consider CBD products as dietary supplements.
HempFusion CBD Topicals
HempFusion offers an extensive range of CBD topical products, including CBD anti-aging cream, balm, and cream. The brand also has over-the-counter (OTC) topicals for pain relief, acne, eczema, and wound care.
HempFusion CBD Anti-Aging Cream is derived from French melon extract and antioxidant enzymes. These ingredients are designed to reduce visible wrinkles and fine lines on the skin due to aging.
The anti-aging cream also includes broad-spectrum CBD (65mg/bottle), marula oil, and terpenes from black pepper, clove oil, and other moisturizers. According to HempFusion, this product is suitable for all skin types.
HempFusion CBD Cream fuses CBD with a wide array of nutrients that aim to soothe the skin. The product also comes in a balm form.
The CBD cream contains organic coconut oil, organic rosemary extract, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, and peppermint oil.
Essential ingredients used in topical products help seal in moisture and protect the skin’s barrier(11).
HempFusion OTC topicals for pain relief aims to soothe joint or muscle aches while nourishing your skin.
The brand claims that these products are formulated by HempFusion‘s co-founder Jason Mitchell, ND, a board-certified naturopathic doctor.
HempFusion‘s pain relief topicals are available in cream, gel, and balm forms. They all feature menthol as an active ingredient, broad-spectrum hemp extract, botanical terpenes from black pepper, and clove oil extract.
These pain relief products are also formulated with an aloe vera base, which provides skin nourishment(12).
According to HempFusion, the products may be used to relieve headache, backache, arthritis, strains, bruises, or sprains.
HempFusion Eczema Relief is designed to act as a skin protectant and provide relief from skin irritations, insect bites, or chemical irritations.
This cream uses aloe vera as a base and includes hemp oil extract, botanical terpenes, lavender, and rosehip essential oils.
Meanwhile, HempFusion Acne Relief aims to reduce redness and acne breakouts, and reinforce your skin’s protective barrier without irritation.
The product contains 0.5% salicylic acid, oatmeal, broad-spectrum extract, lavender, peppermint, and cypress essential oils.
Lastly, HempFusion First Aid Antibiotic Wound Ointment is formulated to heal and repair your skin. This ointment features bacitracin zinc, an antibiotic that helps prevent minor skin infections(13).
HempFusion Hemp Extracts
HempFusion CBD Twist Hemp Extracts aim to deliver the hemp plant’s superfood power, which is a fusion of broad-spectrum CBD and other vital nutrients.
The CBD Twist is made using the brand’s Whole Food Hemp Complex. It features hemp oil extract (mature stalk and seed), black pepper extract, and clove oil.
The Whole Food Hemp Complex is delivered using the brand’s proprietary phospholivery system. This system is a non-GMO, sunflower seed oil-based phospholipid complex designed for maximum product absorption by the body.
According to the brand, the hemp extracts are packed with omega fatty acids emulsified for smooth textures and easier digestion and absorption.
There are three flavors you can choose from: Citrus Ginger, Mango Peach, and Key Lime flavors. The serving size is 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5ml).
You may enjoy the HempFusion CBD Twist by adding it to your smoothies and other drinks.
The daily value percentage indicated on the product label is based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Europe|
|Popular Products||HempFusion Stress CBD Capsules, HempFusion CBD Tincture, and HempFusion Pain Relief Cream|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD tinctures, capsules, topicals, and hemp extracts|
|Extraction Method||CO2 extraction|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||Lab reports for HempFusion products are available on the website; accessible using QR codes or lot numbers|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||The 30ml of HempFusion CBD Tincture contains 440mg of proprietary Whole Food Hemp Complex based on the product label|
|Potency||The 30ml of HempFusion CBD Tincture contains 20mg/ml of CBD based on a COA from October 2019|
|THC Range of Products %||The 30ml of HempFusion CBD Tincture has 0.049% of THC based on a COA from October 2019|
|Flavors||Natural mint chocolate for HempFusion CBD tinctures; Citrus Ginger, Mango Peach, and Key Lime for HempFusion CBD hemp extracts|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Hempseed oil, medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil|
|Lab Results||Lab results indicate that HempFusion products are free from pesticides, chemicals, and bacteria|
|Price Range||From $12.99 for HempFusion Antibiotic Wound Ointment to $65.99 for HempFusion 20mg CBD Capsules|
|Shipping/Delivery||Free shipping on all orders within the USA|
|Guarantee||HempFusion offers a money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||Returns must be made within 30 days of the purchase date|
|Contaminants||Free from pesticides and harmful chemicals|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||Products are vegan and gluten-free|
|Customer Service||Email [email protected]hempfusion.com or call 877-669|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
HempFusion products are US Hemp Authority-certified. According to the company, the hemp is grown using expert farming practices.
HempFusion claims that it focuses on natural compounds and does not include genetically modified organisms (GMOs), gluten, wheat, eggs, shellfish, and artificial colors in its CBD products.
The brand also says that all products are manufactured in FDA-registered facilities and certified cGMP–compliant.
Additionally, products are tested in an ISO-certified independent lab for cannabinoid profile, terpene profile, residual solvents, herbicides and pesticides, heavy metals, and microbiological safety.
Source of Hemp
HempFusion sources its hemp from Europe. According to the official website, all of the brand’s hemp is DNA-validated as European agricultural hemp.
There are 33 products listed on HempFusion’s website. Their most popular products are HempFusion Stress CBD Capsules, HempFusion 20mg CBD Tincture, and HempFusion Pain Relief Cream.
HempFusion products contain full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD.
Range of Products/Forms
HempFusion offers CBD tinctures, capsules, topicals, and hemp extracts.
HempFusion uses a solvent-free CO₂ extraction. According to the brand, it uses a proprietary method called the HOPE process (Hemp One Pass Extraction™).
This process is designed to yield a more diverse and high-quality hemp extract.
Prices for HempFusion products range from $12.99 for HempFusion Antibiotic Wound Ointment to $65.99 for HempFusion 20mg CBD Capsules.
Lab Testing Transparency/Availability
Lab results for HempFusion products are available on its website. You need the product’s QR code or lot number to access the results.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
The concentration is not stated in the COA report. However, the product label indicates that a 30ml of HempFusion CBD Tincture contains 440mg of proprietary Whole Food Hemp Complex.
According to the COA, a 30ml of HempFusion CBD Tincture contains 20mg/ml of CBD. The data is collected from lab results published in October 2019.
THC Range of Products % (less than 0.3% – nonpsychoactive)
According to the COA, a 30ml of HempFusion CBD Tincture has 0.049% of THC. The data is collected from lab results published in October 2019.
HempFusion CBD tinctures come in a natural mint chocolate flavor. Meanwhile, HempFusion CBD hemp extracts are available in citrus ginger, mango peach, and key lime flavors.
Tincture Carrier Oil
HempFusion uses hempseed oil and MCT oil as its carrier oils.
Shipping and Delivery
You can order HempFusion products from www.hempfusion.com. The brand offers coupons, discounts, and promotions on its official website.
If you are a member of HempFusion‘s monthly subscription service, you can save 10% on your purchases during checkout.
The company offers free shipping on all orders within the US.
HempFusion offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on its products.
You may return items for a refund within 30 days of the purchase date. The brand refunds customers who ordered directly from HempFusion only.
The company does not issue a full refund on purchases made at a retail store.
According to HempFusion, its products are safe and free from pesticides, heavy metals, and residual solvents.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
HempFusion products are vegan and gluten-free.
You can email [email protected]hempfusion.com or call 877-669-4367 for any inquiries.
HempFusion ships its products within the United States only.
More About HempFusion
Founded in 2016, HempFusion is a CBD company based in Georgia. The company’s mission is to harness the power of the entourage effect through its broad-spectrum CBD products.
HempFusion believes in the unique beneficial properties of cannabinoids, terpenes, omega fatty acids, and flavonoids found in the hemp plant.
The company aims to support the consumers’ overall well-being and give back to the community by supporting various causes, such as Autism Hopes, Veterans, and other Human Health Organizations.
HempFusion uses a proprietary Whole Food Hemp Complex designed to harness the power of the entourage effect.
The full-spectrum and broad-spectrum formulation includes various phytocompounds, which aim to support the body’s balance.
HempFusion‘s CBD products are categorized by benefits, including stress, sleep, digestion, energy, pain relief, and mind and body balance. You can purchase these items directly from the brand’s official website.
- U.S. Hemp Authority. Certified Companies. Retrieved from: https://ushempauthority.org/certified-companies
- Zhang, Y. J., Gan, R. Y., Li, S., Zhou, Y., Li, A. N., Xu, D. P., & Li, H. B. (2015). Antioxidant phytochemicals for the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. Molecules, 20(12), 21138-21156.
- Koshak, A., Wei, L., Koshak, E., Wali, S., Alamoudi, O., Demerdash, A., … & Heinrich, M. (2017). Nigella sativa supplementation improves asthma control and biomarkers: A randomized, double‐blind, placebo‐controlled trial. Phytotherapy Research, 31(3), 403-409.
- Hasani-Ranjbar, S., Jouyandeh, Z., & Abdollahi, M. (2013). A systematic review of anti-obesity medicinal plants-an update. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, 12(1), 28.
- Russo, E. B. (2019). The case for the entourage effect and conventional breeding of clinical cannabis: no “strain,” no gain. Frontiers in plant science, 9, 1969.
- Byun, J. I., Shin, Y. Y., Chung, S. E., & Shin, W. C. (2018). Safety and efficacy of gamma-aminobutyric acid from fermented rice germ in patients with insomnia symptoms: a randomized, double-blind trial. Journal of Clinical Neurology, 14(3), 291-295.
- Kannur, D., Kulkarni, A., Paranjpe, M., & Navangul, M. (2008). Screening of antistress properties of herbal extracts and adaptogenic agents-A review. Pharmacognosy Reviews, 2(3), 95.
- Lopresti, A. L., Drummond, P. D., & Smith, S. J. (2019). A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study examining the hormonal and vitality effects of ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in aging, overweight males. American journal of men’s health, 13(2), 1557988319835985.
- Gan, R. Y., Zhang, D., Wang, M., & Corke, H. (2018). Health benefits of bioactive compounds from the genus Ilex, a source of traditional caffeinated beverages. Nutrients, 10(11), 1682.
- Mitchell, E. S., Slettenaar, M., Vd Meer, N., Transler, C., Jans, L., Quadt, F., & Berry, M. (2011). Differential contributions of theobromine and caffeine on mood, psychomotor performance and blood pressure. Physiology & behavior, 104(5), 816-822.
- Vaughn, A. R., Clark, A. K., Sivamani, R. K., & Shi, V. Y. (2018). Natural oils for skin-barrier repair: ancient compounds now backed by modern science. American journal of clinical dermatology, 19(1), 103-117.
- Eshun, K., & He, Q. (2004). Aloe vera: a valuable ingredient for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries—a review. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 44(2), 91-96.
- Pangilinan, R., Tice, A., & Tillotson, G. (2009). Topical antibiotic treatment for uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections: review of the literature. Expert review of anti-infective therapy, 7(8), 957-965.