Overall CBDC Brand Rating: 8.5/10
Funky Farms is a Florida-based company known for its extensive CBD product formats and flavors manufactured through the elaborate CBD distillation process.
- Located in Boca Raton, Florida, Funky Farms is a company with a distinct branding, with its engaging packaging and flavors. Funky Farms also adheres to industry standards and practices in manufacturing its products.
- Funky Farms uses the CBD distillation extraction method, ensuring that impurities and traces of extraction solvents are forced out of the final CBD product(1).
- Funky Farms regularly subjects its products to in-house batch testing to ensure product potency and purity from metals, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- The company offers a range of affordable CBD products with different formats, flavors, and formulations to suit the CBD market’s varied preferences.
- Funky Farms provides exclusive discounts to select individuals, such as veterans, firefighters, teachers, and students.
Funky Farms is based in Boca Raton, Florida. The brand has developed a wide range of affordable products available in several flavors and formats.
Despite the interesting brand name and innovative set of CBD product flavors, Funky Farms takes the integrity of its products very seriously by employing industry standards and best practices during product manufacturing.
Funky Farms’ CBD is derived from hemp that is sustainably grown and cultivated by licensed Northern Oregon farmers.
The company ensures that all its products undergo third-party laboratory testing. It also conducts internal batch testing to ensure that it produces safe, potent, and high-quality CBD products.
Third-party lab reports of Funky Farms products can be accessed easily through QR codes and unique lot IDs.
Funky Farms provides exclusive discounts for military personnel (veterans, their dependents, and even those in active duty), responders (police officers, firemen, emergency medical technicians), teachers, and even students with eligible email addresses.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Northern Oregon|
|Popular Products||Granddaddy Purple 350mg CBD Cartridge and Chocolate Mint 350mg CBD Cartridge|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD, and CBD isolates|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD vape pens, CBD vape cartridges, tinctures, gummies, gel caps, drink packs|
|Prices||From $4.99 for the 25mg drink packet to $254.99 for the 9-pack 350mg CBD cartridges|
|Extraction Method||CBD distillate process|
|Lab Testing Transparency||Lab results are available on the website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||Granddaddy Purple 350mg CBD Cartridge contains 344.5mg of CBD per cartridge|
|Potency||For Granddaddy Purple 350mg CBD cartridge, the CBD concentration is 344.498 mg/g|
|THC Range of Products %||ND (not detectable; too little amount)|
|Flavors||Chocolate mint, grape, watermelon, berries, citrus blend, lemon, orange and vanilla, gelato, mint, pineapple, apple and pear, mango, peach, and tropical fruit|
|Lab Testing Availability||Available online; accessible through a QR code|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil|
|Lab Results||Independent third-party lab testing available online|
|Price Range||Funky Farms CBD products range from $4.99 to $254.99|
|Shipping||Ships to the US states except for Massachusetts and Louisiana|
|Delivery||Free shipping takes two to five business days. Priority shipping takes one to three business days.|
|Guarantee||Unused and unopened products may be returned and refunded or exchanged|
|Contaminants||Trace amounts of pesticides, heavy metals, solvents, and mycotoxins were found in some lab test results|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||No data available|
|Refund Policy||Unused and unopened items should be returned within 30 days of delivery for a full refund|
|Customer Service||Email [email protected].|
Customers who have inquiries on wholesale purchases may call 1-866-447-2001.
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Funky Farms offers CBD products that range from full-spectrum CBD tinctures to CBD gummies made from CBD isolates.
Those seeking the full therapeutic benefits of CBD may purchase the brand’s full-spectrum vape products, tinctures, and Daily Dose gel caps.
Some consumers do not want tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in their CBD products. However, they may want the other phytonutrients, such as terpenes and flavonoids. These consumers may buy Funky Farms’ latest product offering: broad-spectrum crystal resistant distillate (CRD) cartridge.
Individuals who want to take CBD purely may opt for the brand’s drink packets and fruit gummies.
Source of Hemp
Funky Farms products come from Northern Oregon. Licensed farmers cultivate and harvest sustainably-grown hemp.
The company tests its products regularly to guarantee that they are free from metals, pesticides, and other contaminants.
Funky Farms has an extensive vape product portfolio, including full-spectrum hemp extract cartridges, CBD vape juices, and crystal resistant distillate (CRD) cartridges.
The brand’s most popular products include the Granddaddy Purple 350mg CBD cartridge, notable for its strong floral and pine notes.
Another in-demand product is Funky Farms’ Chocolate Mint 350mg CBD cartridge. This product blends chocolate and thin mint for a refreshing and aromatic flavor.
These exciting CBD vape flavors, like watermelon flavor, may also help mask the naturally grassy taste of CBD.
Most Funky Farms products contain full-spectrum CBD oil. However, the brand also offers broad-spectrum CBD oil products, such as its newest CRD cartridges.
The company also has products made from CBD isolates, namely its gummies and drink packs.
Range of Products/Forms
Funky Farms’ product line is extensive. It offers CBD vape products (juices and cartridges), tinctures, gummies, gel caps, and drink packs.
The brand is available in different stock keeping units (SKUs). It also offers multipacks, such as its 9-pack CBD cartridges and 10-pack CBD gummies.
Funky Farms’ product line ranges from $4.99 for the single-serve 25mg drink packet to $254.99 for the 9-pack 350mg CBD cartridges.
Funky Farms uses the CBD distillation process in extracting CBD and other phytonutrients from the Cannabis sativa plant.
The CBD distillation process commonly makes use of short-path distillation. In this method, the distillate travels a short distance, requiring less pressure to be exerted on it. This technique is particularly favorable when small quantities of a substance need purifying(2).
During the distillation method, heat, humidity, and pressure are applied to the cannabis extract, resulting in the forced removal of impurities and traces of the extraction solvent. However, this process may also force out terpenes and flavonoids, as they have the lowest boiling point among the other cannabis components(3).
Controlled temperature increase breaks down the cannabis extract, enabling the separation of cannabinoids, such as CBD and THC.
CBD is then evaporated and condensed into a liquid form. The terpenes and flavonoids may be infused into the product upon completion of the distillation process(4).
Such an elaborate process ensures that the final product has no residues or impurities.
Lab Testing Transparency
Funky Farms has a section on its website dedicated to the results of the third-party laboratory tests conducted on its products. Customers may view the certificate of analysis of each product here.
The company is dedicated to maintaining the integrity of its products by doing in-house batch testing and third-party lab testing.
For added accessibility to the third-party laboratory reports, Funky Farms has added unique lot IDs and QR codes to all its products.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
Funky Farms’ Granddaddy Purple 350mg CBD Cartridge contains 344.5mg of CBD per cartridge.
A cannabinoid’s concentration is reported in milligrams per gram of the product.
To determine the potency of a tested CBD oil product, consumers may refer to the column of the certificate of analysis labeled ‘Conc.’ or ‘Concentration.’ They may compare the values reflected here with the CBD concentrations declared on the product label.
For Granddaddy Purple 350mg CBD cartridge, the CBD concentration is 344.498 mg/g.
THC Range of Products % (less than 0.3% – nonpsychoactive)
The various certificates of analysis (COA) of all the Funky Farms products indicate that THC traces are not detectable (too little amount).
Funky Farms is known for its innovative CBD flavors. These include:
- Granddaddy Purple
- Pineapple Express
- Chocolate Mint
- Frosty Watermelon OG
- Alaskan Ice
- Lemon Limon
- Orange Dream
- Blueberry Gelato
- Peach Tangie
- Apple Jack Pear
- Mango Sherbet
- Tropical Fruit
- Berry Mix
- Citrus Blend
The company also used to offer other unconventional flavors, such as Lemon Cake. However, this is not available on the Funky Farms website anymore.
Lab Testing Availability
Lab test results are available on the Funky Farms website. These reports may also be accessed through a QR code.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Funky Farms tinctures are made from full-spectrum CBD distillates with an MCT oil base.
Lab test results of Funky Farms products are available on the website and accessible with a QR code.
Funky Farms CBD products are generally affordable, ranging from $4.99 to $254.99.
The company ships to all US states except for Massachusetts and Louisiana, as these states have strict regulations on CBD.
Funky Farms offers free shipping for orders over $50. Free shipping takes two to five business days, while priority shipping may take one to three business days.
Unused and unopened products may be returned and refunded or exchanged for a new item or store credits.
Funky Farms products have passed third-party lab testing. However, traces of pesticides, heavy metals, solvents, and mycotoxins were found in some lab test results.
Their amounts were not alarming, so consumers should not worry.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
There is no available data for this.
Consumers may get a full refund as long as the item in question is unused and unopened. The products should be returned within 30 days upon delivery to qualify for a refund.
Customers may reach Funky Farms by sending an email to [email protected].
For queries on wholesale purchases, customers may contact 1-866-447-2001.
To date, Funky Farms ships only to states in the US except Massachusetts and Louisiana.
|Funky Farms has an extensive product line and innovative flavorings.||The brand has several products for vaping, such as e-liquid and disposable vape pens, which may not appeal to the non-vaping market.|
|The company uses CBD distillation as its products’ method of extraction.||While branding is distinct, fresh, and fun, it may give consumers the perception that the products are for casual use only.|
|The brand provides high-quality vape products that make use of industry-leading technologies, such as the patented CCELL atomizer technology from Jupiter Labs.||Funky Farms is not registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA).|
|Products are available in different SKUs.|
|The brand offers several exclusive discounts for individuals who belong to various sectors of society.|
Pros of the Company
- Funky Farms’ product line and flavorings give consumers several options.
- The company uses CBD distillation as its products’ method of extraction, resulting in near-zero THC levels and potent cannabidiol concentrations.
- The brand provides high-quality vape products that make use of industry-leading technologies, such as the patented CCELL atomizer technology from Jupiter Labs. This partnership ensures that vapers get a remarkable vaping experience.
- Products are available in different SKUs. They even come in single-serve SKUs or multipacks, ensuring that Funky Farms has a CBD product suited for any budget.
- The brand offers several exclusive discounts for various individuals, such as veterans, police officers, firefighters, teachers, and even students.
Cons of the Company
- The brand has several products for vaping, such as e-liquid and disposable vape pens, which may not appeal to the non-vaping market. Non-vaping products and flavors are also limited.
- While Funky Farms’ branding is distinct, fresh, and fun, it may give consumers the perception that the products might be best used casually only. This approach seems to overlook CBD’s purported therapeutic benefits. Studies have found that CBD might help alleviate symptoms of more serious medical conditions, such as anxiety and depression(5).
- Funky Farms is not registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA). Recognition from the FDA might add to a company’s credibility.
Review of Funky Farms Reserve Line
The newest product line from Funky Farms is its Reserve Line, composed of broad-spectrum CRD cartridges.
CBD naturally appears as a crystalline solid(6). CRD technology prevents CBD crystallization, extending CBD’s shelf life.
Meanwhile, the refined distillation process guarantees the potency of CBD. This process can only yield highly-potent cannabinoids when it is subject to high-quality standards(7).
Funky Farms CRD cartridges are compatible with any 510 thread cartridge battery. Users who want to use the 510 thread battery may screw the CRD cartridge onto the base.
To turn the device on or off, vapers should press the power button five times. To activate the device, users may hold the power button down and inhale once it is on.
The Reserve Line comes in 600mg cartridges, all made in the USA. Funky Farms claims that these are made from US-grown pure hemp extracts.
The products also come in natural flavoring, Granddaddy Purple, and Pineapple Express flavors.
For $59.99, users choose a product with 491.36 mg/g of CBD, with no added cutting agents and fillers.
Consumers may buy the CRD cartridges and other Funky Farms products by accessing this link: https://funkyfarms.com/collections.
Despite its creative and fun name, Funky Farms guarantees potent and high-quality products that have all undergone third-party lab testing. Its CBD extracts are derived using a refined CBD distillation process.
The brand offers several flavors and formats which provide consumers with many options. Funky Farms also gives back to its customers by offering exclusive discounts to select individuals from different sectors of society.
Before using any Funky Farms product, users should first seek their doctor’s advice.
Individuals who use prescription medications should take CBD products with caution. CBD may have drug interactions with some prescription medicines, especially those metabolized by the protein cytochrome p450(8).
- Medical Cannabis Network Quarterly Issue 3. (2020, May 15). Retrieved from https://www.healtheuropa.eu/what-is-the-significance-of-distillation-in-cannabis-production/100030/
- de Mello Schier, A. R., de Oliveira Ribeiro, N. P., Coutinho, D. S., Machado, S., Arias-Carrión, O., Crippa, J. A., Zuardi, A. W., Nardi, A. E., & Silva, A. C. (2014). Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol: a chemical compound of Cannabis sativa. CNS & neurological disorders drug targets, 13(6), 953–960. https://doi.org/10.2174/1871527313666140612114838
- “CANNABIDIOL (CBD) Critical Review Report.” World Health Organization, 2018.
- Medical Cannabis Network. op. cit.
- Iffland, K., & Grotenhermen, F. (2017). An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 2(1), 139–154. https://doi.org/10.1089/can.2016.0034