Overall Brand Rating for Blue Moon Hemp: 8.5/10
Blue Moon Hemp is a hemp-focused brand that gives high-quality products made of US-grown hemp extract that is accessible, affordable, and trustworthy. Blue Moon Hemp won the “Best Hemp Company” at the 2019 Cannabis Business Awards.
- Blue Moon Hemp promotes an eco-friendly and sustainable production by using natural and non-GMO ingredients and partnering with local US farmers based in Kentucky.
- The brand adheres to federal and state laws and legal requirements on the sale and regulation of CBD products(1).
- Blue Moon Hemp products are CBD isolates made up of 100% natural CBD without any solvent, heavy metals, and excess chemicals.
- Blue Moon Hemp stays true to its word by showing the right amount of CBD and other components printed on their labels and proven by third-party lab testing.
- The company uses ingredients that are safe, organic, and clean. Products are manufactured in an ISO- and GMP-certified lab facility.
Blue Moon Hemp Company Analysis
Blue Moon Hemp products are proudly made in the United States with ingredients locally sourced from farms in Kentucky.
All products are made in a good manufacturing practice (GMP) certified facility and bottled with care. They also provide third-party testing to ensure that their product offerings are safe to use and consume.
Blue Moon Hemp products are made with safe, natural, and clean ingredients free from unwanted compounds to achieve the highest potency level of cannabinoids.
|Recommended for:||Optimized wellness|
|Source of Hemp:||Kentucky|
|Popular Products:||CBD Gummies with Melatonin (2 oz)|
|TruBlu Berry – CBD tincture (30 ml)|
|TruBlu Bacon – CDB dog tincture (30 ml)|
|Types Sold:||Isolate and broad-spectrum CBD|
|Range of Products:||Gummies, tinctures, salves, shatters, oral sprays, vape oils, pod systems, pet tincture, and pet treats|
|Prices:||From $9.90 for 2 oz CBD gummies to $149 for 30 ml CBD tincture|
|Extraction Method/s:||CO2 extraction process|
|Lab Testing Transparency:||Third-party lab results are available on their website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range:||30 ml CBD tincture contains a total of 500 mg of CBD|
|Potency:||17 mg of CBD per 1 ml for the 30 ml CBD tincture|
|THC Range of Products %:||Less than 0.001% or non-detectable|
|Flavors and Scents:||CBD oral spray – chocolate mint and cinnamon mint|
|CBD gummies – sweet and sour|
|CBD e-liquid – crème brûlée, tropical fruits and berries, natural, mango, kush, and cereal|
|CBD flower – choco-coffee, pungent orange, and natural pungent|
|CBD shatter – pineapple and blueberry|
|CBD oil tincture – natural, fresh berry, and peppermint|
|CBD salve – citrus, eucalyptus, and natural|
|CBD pet tincture – bacon and bluefin tuna|
|CBD pet treats – savory salmon and sweet potato|
|Lab Testing Availability:||Available online, accessible through a QR code|
|Tincture Carrier Oil:||Cold-pressed virgin hemp seed oil|
|Lab Results:||Available on website|
|Price Range:||From $9.90 for 2 oz CBD gummies to $149 for 30 ml CBD tincture|
|Shipping / Time to Delivery:||Same-day shipping for orders placed by 2 pm EST|
|Guarantee:||Blue Hemp Moon products are 100% natural, 99%+ pure CBD with no THC and manufactured in an ISO- and GMP-certified lab facility|
|Contaminants:||Organic, non-GMO, no insecticides, and herbicides|
|Vegan and Gluten-free:||Vegan, gluten-, soy-, and nut-free|
|Refund Policy:||Full refund within 30 days upon receipt|
|Customer Service:||Call 888-223-0420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Country Served:||Shipping available to other countries|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Blue Moon Hemp products are for those who want to incorporate CBD in their daily self-care and wellness ritual.
Their products may be a natural alternative for relaxation and restoration of well-being.
Source of Hemp
Blue Moon Hemp oil is extracted from quality hemp plants sourced from domestic farms in Kentucky. The plants are US grown and harvested by local US farmers.
CBD Gummies with Melatonin, 2 oz – These gummies are induced with melatonin to help enhance sleep. According to studies, CBD may be used as a treatment for insomnia and may improve the quality of sleep(2). The gummies may be taken as a dietary supplement.
TruBlu Berry-CBD Tincture, 30 ml – This an edible oil that comes with a dropper bottle for sublingual use. It is in CBD isolate form that offers the benefits of pure cannabidiol.
TruBlu Bacon-CBD Dog Tincture, 30 ml – This specially formulated tincture for dogs is combined with a meaty flavor for a pet’s pleasure. The solution can be mixed with pet food or can be taken by pets orally.
Blue Moon Hemp products are either CBD isolate or broad-spectrum oil. Their products promise a 99.6% pure CBD with maximum potency. Their CBD products are made without THC, the psychoactive component that makes a person high.
Range of Products
The brand offers a vast range of products, such as gummies, tinctures, salves, shatters, oral sprays, vape juice, and pod systems. These products are suitable depending on the person’s lifestyle and preferences. They also offer pet tinctures and pet treats.
Product prices range from $9.90 for 2 oz CBD gummies to $149 for 30 ml CBD oil tincture.
Blue Moon Hemp uses the CO2 extraction process. This method preserves the CBD, terpenes, and natural flavors of the hemp plant. In this process, no solvents, heavy metals, and excess chemicals remain.
The company also employs a high-speed emulsion technique with its products. Emulsion takes place when two unmixable liquids, such as water and oil, are combined. The process promotes the quick absorption of the compound in the body, which leads to fast results(3).
Lab Testing Transparency
A third-party lab tests the products for purity, consistency, and safety. Results for each test are available on the website for transparency.
A 30 ml bottle of any Blue Moon CBD tincture contains a total of 500 mg CBD, with 17 mg of CBD per 1 ml, as printed on their product label.
The CBD concentration shown on the lab test results is in milligrams per gram. According to the results in the certificate of analysis, a 30 ml bottle of Blue Moon Hemp CBD tincture contains a total of 536.8 mg CBD, with 19.664 mg of CBD per 1 ml.
THC Range of Products (in %)
Blue Moon Hemp is true to its promise of using non-intoxicating products. All their products contain zero to less than 0.001% of THC, which is non-detectable according to the lab results.
Flavors and Scents
Blue Moon Hemp products listed on their website have various flavors and scents per product category.
Their CBD oral spray has two flavors, namely chocolate mint and cinnamon mint. The CBD gummies come in assorted flavors and colors per pack.
The brand has several inhalants in forms of vape oils, flowers, and shatters.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD vape e-liquids come in five distinct flavors:
- Flan – crème brûlée aka a combination of Madagascar vanilla beans and caramel
- RedDevil – tropical fruits and berries
- Pure – natural, clean blend
- MangoMoon – mango
- Kush – original herbaceous and earthy flavor
- BlackKat – breakfast cereals flavors with hints of marshmallow and cinnamon
Those who prefer to smoke CBD can use Blue Moon Hemp CBD Flower. This product comes in three flavors:
- Bubba Kush – sweet hashish flavor with touches of chocolate and coffee
- Sour Space Candy – gassy and pungent with hints of orange
- Cowdaddy Crush – pungent punch
Blue Moon Hemp also has an option for people who want to use their vape pen with CBD shatters.
The brand’s CBD shatters come in three varieties:
- Pineapple Express – pineapple
- Blueberry OG – blueberry
- Sour Diesel – pungent, diesel-like aroma
Edibles are also available for humans and pets. Good options presented by Blue Moon Hemp are gummies, tinctures, and pet treats.
The CBD gummies have a sweet and sour blend. They come in assorted flavors, shapes, and sizes.
The TruBlu CBD oil tinctures have three variants:
- TruBlu Natural – unflavored and with a pleasant, earthy, and slightly nutty taste
- TruBlu Berry – smooth and sweet multi-berry extract
- TruBlu Peppermint – minty, fresh taste
In the CBD for pets section, CBD dog treats are deliciously flavored with savory salmon and sweet potato.
TruBlu CBD tinctures for dogs is available in bacon flavor, while TruBlu CBD cat tincture comes in a bluefin tuna taste.
On the other hand, Blue Moon Hemp non-edible and non-inhalant products, like salves, also have their scents:
- Limonene – citrus fruits
- Eucalyptus – sharp and minty smell
- Natural – scentless
Lab Testing Availability
The lab test results for Blue Moon Hemp products are available on the website and accessible using QR codes.
Tincture Carrier Oil
TruBlu CBD tincture oils contain CBD isolate and cold-pressed virgin hemp seed oil.
The lab test results for Blue Moon Hemp products are available on the website and accessible using QR codes.
Blue Moon Hemp products range from $9.90 for 2oz CBD gummies to $149 for 30ml CBD tincture.
Shipping / Time to Delivery
Products are shipped the same day for orders placed by 2 pm EST. They are usually shipped within 48 hours unless the product is out-of-stock.
Orders placed on Fridays after 2 pm EST are shipped the following Monday. The brand also offers expedited shipping in the checkout options.
Once items are shipped, the customer receives a shipment confirmation email with the tracking number.
Blue Moon Hemp offers free shipping within the US for orders over $99. They also ship worldwide with adjusted shipping prices, depending on the destination.
Blue Moon Hemp products are high-quality products that are 100% natural, 99%+ pure CBD from the hemp plant. These products do not have THC and are manufactured in an ISO- and GMP-certified lab facility.
The brand adheres to federal and state laws and legal requirements on the sale and regulation of CBD products(4).
All products have a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee.
Lab test results show that Blue Moon Hemp products contain more than the CBD amount stated on their labels and product pages.
Blue Moon Hemp products are organic and non-GMO. They are free of contaminants, insecticides, and herbicides.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
Blue Moon Hemp products are vegan, gluten-, soy-, and nut-free.
The brand offers a full refund within the first month of product purchase.
To return a product, call customer care at 888-223-0420 or email email@example.com and wait for a customer representative to reach out within 1 to 2 business days.
Upon process completion, the full refund will be returned to the customer in the same form of payment made. Refunds may take around 5 to 7 business days to reflect on the bank account or credit card.
For the exchange process, Blue Moon Hemp sends replacement products to the customer.
Blue Moon Hemp can be reached via call at 888-223-0420 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their hotline is available from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm EST.
Their website also has a chat feature where customers can reach out to online representatives on queries about the products and processes.
Blue Moon Hemp is based in the US but ships worldwide. Shipping fees outside the US depends on the item’s destination. The brand uses customs declaration labels and packages for international deliveries to ensure that the package clears in the customs.
Pros and Cons
|Made with 100% natural CBD and contains zero THC||Some products do not have lab testing results|
|Organic, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-, soy-, and nut-free||A certain amount needs to be met for free shipping|
|Wide selection of products and flavors|
|Ships within the US and worldwide|
|Discount programs and gift cards|
Pros of the Company
- Blue Moon Hemp products are made with 100% natural CBD from hemp plants and contain zero or undetectable THC.
- Blue Moon Hemp products are eco-conscious and suited for allergy-prone and health-conscious people.
- The wide range of products available gives the consumers options on what to buy and try. Those who do not want flavored products can opt for products with natural flavors.
- People outside the US can purchase Blue Moon Hemp products.
- There are discount programs for military and first responders and referral programs for people who want to share them with people they know. Gift cards are also offered for hassle-free shopping for loved ones.
Cons of the Company
- Some of their products, like the CBD flowers, do not have lab test results online.
- Free shipping is available for orders over $99.
Review of the Company Products
Blue Moon Hemp TruBlu CBD Tinctures
Blue Moon Hemp CBD oil tinctures are made of rich hemp oil extracted from whole hemp plants. These tinctures contain CBD isolates with 100% natural CBD and 0% THC.
Tinctures come with a dropper that can be used for sublingual administration or added to food and beverages.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD Gummies
Blue Moon Hemp’s CBD gummies are nutraceutical products that are also fun and convenient to eat. This is one of the best-selling and best-tasting edible CBD products on the market today.
Daily intake of 2 gummies is suggested for adults.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD Vape E-Liquids
Blue Moon Hemp CBD vape e-liquids are named and inspired by the moon’s phases, namely CBD Total Eclipse, Full Moon, Half Moon, Three Quarter Moon, and Quarter Moon. Their names also represent their bottle sizes, with Quarter Moon being the smallest (200mg) and Total Eclipse as the biggest (1000mg).
Vape liquids offer an immediate effect upon inhaling as the components are absorbed into the body.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD for Pets
Pets can also take CBD as part of their daily diet. Blue Moon Hemp has products for dogs and cats.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD tincture for dogs and cats may help calm pets, especially during stressful situations, like vet consultations, thunderstorms, and age-related symptoms. CBD has shown significant results in relieving anxiety in dogs(5).
Blue Moon Hemp CBD Oral Sprays
Oral sprays can be taken daily, especially to those who are first-time CBD users. Blue Moon Hemp CBD oral sprays are handy and contain beneficial ingredients, like Vitamin E, fatty acids, and cannabidiol (CBD).
Blue Moon Hemp CBD oral sprays are sprayed once or twice into the mouth. The oral spray can be used repeatedly up to 4 times a day.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD Shatters
Shatters are glass-like concentrated forms of CBD. These products are made up of 99.6% pure CBD and natural terpenes. Terpenes are essential oils found in cannabis strains that can either uplift or relax a person.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD Shatters are melted and inhaled through vaping or smoking using a rig.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD Salves
Blue Moon Hemp CBD salves are topical solutions for sensitive skin and can help alleviate muscle pain.
The product’s formula seeps into the skin and may help relieve pain caused by soreness and inflammation.
Transdermal and topical application of CBD products may help provide relief without any adverse side effects(6). CBD salves are applied and massaged into the affected area for relief.
Blue Moon Hemp CBD Oil Pod Systems
Blue Moon Hemp CBD oil pod systems are a sleek and handy vaping system best paired with the Blue Moon Hemp e-liquids.
The vape system works by refilling the transparent bottom chamber. The chamber can carry up to 3 ml and can be refilled easily.
The device also has a light battery indicator and can be charged using a micro-USB port.
Although Blue Moon Hemp had only launched in 2016, it was instantly awarded as the “2019 Best Hemp Company”.
The company is an advocate of environment-friendly processes that use safe, clean, and natural resources while providing optimal wellness to customers.
While CBD may help certain aid conditions, it is not proven yet to cure serious medical conditions. CBD may also react negatively to prescription medications and other substances. Get a professional doctor’s advice before engaging in CBD supplements or treatments.
- FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products: Q&A. (2020, March 11). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/fda-regulation-cannabis-and-cannabis-derived-products-including-cannabidiol-cbd#approved
- Shannon, S., & Opila-Lehman, J. (2016). Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report. The Permanente journal, 20(4), 16-005. https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/16-005
- Goodarzi, F., & Zendehboudi, S. (2018). A Comprehensive Review on Emulsions and Emulsion Stability in Chemical and Energy Industries. The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 97(1), 281–309. https://doi.org/10.1002/cjce.23336
- FDA, op. cit.
- Kogan, L., Schoenfeld-Tacher, R., Hellyer, P., & Rishniw, M. (2019). US Veterinarians’ Knowledge, Experience, and Perception Regarding the Use of Cannabidiol for Canine Medical Conditions. Frontiers in veterinary science, 5, 338. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2018.00338
- Bruni, N., Della Pepa, C., Oliaro-Bosso, S., Pessione, E., Gastaldi, D., & Dosio, F. (2018). Cannabinoid Delivery Systems for Pain and Inflammation Treatment. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), 23(10), 2478. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules23102478