Overall CBDC Brand Rating for Root Origins: 5.6/10
Root Origins claims to use all-natural ingredients for its full-spectrum CBD products. It aims to promote the health and wellness of individuals through products such as oils, gels, creams, sprays, and rollers.
Root Origins’ CBD products are custom formulated rather than white-labeled, according to its website. It also claims to offer “seed to shelf” transparency.
Nevertheless, the website does not provide certificates of analysis (COAs) for third-party lab test results. Root Origins also offers limited non-topical options for consumers searching for CBD products, including edibles, vapes, and pet products.
Still, Root Origins offers refunds for unopened products. It also maintains a blog focusing on the benefits of cannabidiol.
Root Origins: About the Company
- Root Origins’ primary mission is to promote individuals’ health and wellness through full-spectrum CBD products, including “clinical grade” skincare products such as creams, lotions, and gels.
- Root Origins claims its products are 100% natural, including being free of genetically modified organisms (non-GMO) and pesticide-free.
- Day Oral Spray includes convenient packaging, providing customers ease of use. The product also offers fast absorption, according to the product page.
Where and How to Buy
Root Origins products are available at online stores, including the company’s homepage.
Root Origins Pros and Cons
|Innovative CBD products like Tension Roller (50mg) and Night Spray||Products are mostly CBD topicals|
|Non-GMO and pesticide-free||Limited returns allowed|
|Benefits of CBD blog|
|Made in the U.S.A.|
Pros of Root Origins
- Root Origins offers a wide range of topical products, including creams, gels, and sprays. The company designed the Tension Roller to relieve headaches and tension. A study published in the Neurotherapeutics journal suggested CBD may be a potential alternative therapy for anxiety disorders(1).
- Root Origins claims its products are non-GMO and pesticide-free.
- The Benefits of CBD blog provides information about CBD and symptoms of conditions it may help relieve.
- Root Origins manufactures its products in the United States.
Cons of Root Origins
- Root Origins offers mostly topicals, limiting the options for individuals searching for non-topical CBD products, such as CBD edibles or vapes.
- While Root Origins offers returns, restrictions apply, including requirements such as unopened products. It also charges a 20% restocking and shipping fee.
Review of Root Origins Products
Root Origins developed Muscle Gel to relieve tension in muscles and joints, including work- and workout-induced issues.
Muscle Gel contains a proprietary blend of 18 herbs, including natural ingredients such as essential oils and beeswax.
A 2021 review examined the potential efficacy of essential oils (EOs) to help relieve chronic pain symptoms(2). The researchers hypothesized that while some studies suggest particular EOs may help relieve chronic pain, researchers must conduct additional studies.
This product includes cooling and relaxing sensation on the body, according to the product page.
Usage and Dosage
Muscle Gel may contain 150mg of full-spectrum hemp extract. It also contains less than 0.3% THC.
Hemp Extract Oil (600mg)
Hemp Extract Oil may contain 600mg of full-spectrum hemp extract, according to the product page.
Research suggests that full-spectrum cannabis extract may induce therapeutic effects through the “entourage effect”(3). The entourage effect is the synergetic effect of cannabis-derived compounds, such as cannabinoids like CBD and THC.
The product’s manufacturing process includes the removal of waxes, the addition of terpenes, and enactment through CBD isolates (pure CBD), according to the product page.
Usage and Dosage
Each serving of Hemp Extract Oil may contain 20mg of full-spectrum CBD tincture, according to the product page.
About the Products
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||This information is not available on Root Origins’ website.|
|Popular Products||Muscle Gel, Night Oral Spray, Hemp Extract Oil (600mg)|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD|
|Range of Products||CBD topicals, sprays, oils|
|Price Range||From $28 for Day Oral Spray to $79 for Hemp Extract Oil (1,500mg)|
|Extraction Method||This information is not available on Root Origins’ website.|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||Lab reports are not available on Hemp Roots’ website.|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||Hemp Extract Oil (600mg) may contain 600mg of CBD per bottle, according to the product page.|
|Potency||This information is not available on Root Origins’ website.|
|THC Range of Products %||Less than 0.3%|
|Flavors||Day Oral Spray is available in peppermint flavor.|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil or coconut oil.|
|Shipping and Delivery||Next-day, second-day, and international shipping offered|
|Guarantee||Returns allowed for unopened products.|
|Refund Policy||Returns include a 20% restocking and shipping fee.|
|Contaminants||Root Origins products are non-GMO and pesticide-free, according to the homepage.|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||Day Oral Spray is gluten-free, according to the product page.|
|Customer Service||Email [email protected]|
|Countries Served||The U.S. and international|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Root Origins is a science-focused bulk hemp and consumer products company offering hemp-based full-spectrum CBD products.
The company strives to provide consumers with convenient and affordable CBD products to promote health and wellness.
Still, individuals require a consultation with a physician for proper CBD usage and dosage.
What Precisely Is CBD?
CBD companies derive cannabidiol from the cannabis plant, including marijuana and hemp varieties. CBD is one of over 100 compounds in cannabis plants known as cannabinoids)(4).
Unlike THC, CBD is nonpsychoactive. Hence, it does not produce mind-altering euphoric effects.
Individuals can take steps to determine whether a CBD brand or CBD product is legitimate. Based on the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD products are legal on the federal level if derived from hemp plant material containing a maximum of 0.3% THC concentration(5).
One may also search for CBD brands offering third-party lab test results and certificates of analysis (COA). Additionally, it is advisable to compare a CBD product’s COA with product labeling for discrepancies.
Root Origins believes full-spectrum CBD products like gels, creams, and sprays may help promote an individual’s health and wellness through all-natural ingredients.
Visit www.rootorigins.com today and complete the newsletter signup to receive an exclusive discount code.
- Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
- Efficacy of Essential Oils in Pain: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Preclinical Evidence
- The Case for the Entourage Effect and Conventional Breeding of Clinical Cannabis: No “Strain,” No Gain
- Cannabis (Marijuana) and Cannabinoids: What You Need To Know
- FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products, Including Cannabidiol (CBD)