Overall CBDC Brand Rating: 6/10
Folium Biosciences’ approach to CBD involves a passion for quality, transparency, and consistency. Through vertical integration and strict quality control, the company produces CBD products with top-notch potency and purity.
Folium Biosciences is an exclusive bulk and wholesale Business to Business (B2B) CBD company.
Founded in Colorado Springs in 2014, the company is one of the first US companies to acquire a hemp farming, processing, and distributing license.
It was also issued the Manufactured Food Establishment License and Certificate of Free Sale by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), among other certifications.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Colorado|
|Popular Products||Water-Soluble Liquid and HydroPCR™ Oil|
|Types Sold||THC-free broad-spectrum CBD products|
|Range of Products/Forms||Bulk products: broad-spectrum CBD oil, water soluble CBD liquid and powder, and hemp oil nanoemulsion
White label: tinctures, gummies, capsules, topicals, skin care products, and pet products
|Extraction Method||Supercritical CO2, ethanol, and a patent-pending hemp extraction process|
|Purification Method||Chromatographic purification process|
|Lab Test Results Availability||Unavailable|
|Flavors||CBD gummies: Lemon, grape, and orange
CBD tinctures: unflavored, peppermint, lemon, and orange
CBD pet tinctures: salmon and bacon
CBD K9 chews: beef
|Tincture Carrier Oil||MCT oil|
|Guarantee||Products are highly refined and THC-free, extracted from phytocannabinoid-rich (PCR) hemp|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||Most products are not vegan and gluten-free|
|Customer Service||Phone: 719-574-2159
|Countries Served||The USA and worldwide|
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Folium Biosciences is a vertically integrated B2B CBD company, with products available for bulk and wholesale distribution.
The company’s products are derived from phytocannabinoid-rich (PCR) hemp sourced from the company’s Colorado farm and processed in FDA-registered facilities.
Source of Hemp
Folium Biosciences sources its hemp from its Colorado farm.
There are less than 20 CBD products on the Folium Biosciences website. Some of the company’s most noteworthy products are the Water-Soluble Liquid and the HydroPCR™ Oil.
Folium Biosciences offers broad-spectrum CBD products.
Range of Products/Forms
Folium Biosciences offers broad-spectrum CBD oils, water soluble CBD liquids and powders, and hemp oil nanoemulsions in bulk.
Tinctures, gummies, capsules, topicals, skin care products, and pet products are available as white label products.
Folium Biosciences uses a combination of Supercritical CO2 and ethanol extraction method for its CBD products.
According to its website, Folium Biosciences also has a pending patent for a hemp extraction method.
Folium Biosciences uses the chromatographic purification process, which allows the company to produce THC-free broad-spectrum CBD products.
Lab Testing Transparency/Availability
There are no available lab test results for Folium Biosciences products.
Folium Biosciences’ CBD gummies come in lemon, grape, and orange flavors, while the CBD tinctures may be unflavored, peppermint, lemon, or orange-flavored.
Pet tinctures’ flavors include salmon and bacon, while the K9 chews are beef-flavored.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Folium Biosciences uses medium-chain triglyceride or MCT oil as its carrier oil.
Folium Biosciences offers highly refined and THC-free products, extracted from phytocannabinoid-rich (PCR) and extracted and purified via state-of-the-art methods.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
Most Folium Biosciences products are not vegan or gluten-free.
Customers can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-574-2159 for any inquiries.
Folium Bioscience does not sell directly to consumers. Companies looking to purchase its raw and white label products must contact Folium Biosciences through the company’s email or contact number.
Folium Biosciences products are available in the USA and other countries.
|Seed-to-shelf production process||No lab test results available online|
|State-of-the-art extraction and purification process||B2B distribution only|
|Water-soluble CBD products||Multiple lawsuits|
|Active R&D efforts|
Pros of the Company
- The company employs a seed-to-shelf approach to manufacturing its CBD products.
- A patent-pending extraction and purification process is used to produce high-quality, THC-free broad-spectrum CBD products.
- Folium Biosciences offers proprietary water-soluble products for enhanced bioavailability or body absorption.
- The company initiates and participates in multiple research and development efforts to improve its products.
- Folium Biosciences holds certifications from various third-party agencies:
- Manufactured Food Establishment License and Certificate of Free Sale – licensed and certified by CDPHE
- Good Manufacturing Practices certification
- Good Production Processes certification
- FDA-registered facilities
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient license
- ISO-certified clean rooms – for product processing and research and development (R&D)
- EU Pharmaceutical Manufacturing license
- Kosher and Halal certification
Cons of the Company
- Lab test results on the potency and purity of the products are unavailable online.
- The company does not sell directly to consumers but businesses only.
- Folium Biosciences is facing multiple lawsuits from different parties.
Review of Folium Biosciences Water-Soluble Liquid
Folium Biosciences developed its proprietary Water-Soluble Liquid through nanoemulsion technology, which decreases the size of CBD’s molecules enough to make it water-soluble.
CBD oil, by nature, is a hydrophobic or non-water-soluble substance, which lowers the bioavailability or body absorption of CBD products. Lower bioavailability means a larger dose is required for the product to be effective.
According to its website, Folium Biosciences’ Water-Soluble Liquid allows for high bioavailability and may efficiently permeate the skin. It is recommended for cosmetics products.
Review of Folium Biosciences HydroPCR™ Oil
Built with Nano-Enhanced Absorption Technology or NEAT, the HydroPCR™ Oil is a water-soluble, 4% hemp oil formula. The product is designed for ready-to-drink beverages, including bottled water.
Folium Biosciences states that HydroPCR™ Oil has higher shelf stability than CBD isolates, which tends to form large droplets in oil-in-liquid solutions, also known as Ostwald Ripening.
HydroPCR™ Oil delays the Ostwald Ripening due to its water solubility, which leads to more stable shelf life.
From seed-to-shelf, Forum Biosciences produces top-quality CBD products through scientifically advanced manufacturing processes.
However, lab test results are unavailable, making it difficult to ascertain the products’ potency and purity. The company must address this limitation to improve its service.
- Huestis, Marilyn A. “Human Cannabinoid Pharmacokinetics.” Chemistry & Biodiversity 4, no. 8 (2007): 1770–1804. https://doi.org/10.1002/cbdv.200790152.
- Price G, Patel DA. Drug Bioavailability. [Updated 2020 May 21]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557852/
- Zhao, Qidong. Advanced Nanomaterials for Pollutant Sensing and Environmental Catalysis. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Elsevier, 2020.