Overall CBDC Brand Rating: 7.5/10
Using full-spectrum CBD products derived from locally sourced hemp blooms, Bluegrass Hemp Oil aims to introduce CBD’s health benefits to people in need.
Based in Kentucky, Bluegrass Hemp Oil is a family-owned vertically integrated CBD company. The company takes pride in its seed-to-shelf approach in producing high-quality CBD products using organic hemp blooms.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Kentucky|
|Popular Products||Genesis Blend 1oz – 300mg, Genesis Blend Capsules, and Bloom-Crafted Rollers|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD products|
|Range of Products/Forms||Tinctures, topicals, bath products, capsules, edibles, and pet products|
|Extraction Method||Hydrocarbon distillation system|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||Available upon customers’ request|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||The product page states that a 1-oz bottle of Genesis Blend contains 300mg of CBD|
|Potency||The product page states that a 1-oz bottle of Genesis Blend (300mg) contains about 10mg/ml of CBD|
|THC Range of Products %||According to its product page, the THC level for a 1-oz bottle of Genesis Blend (300mg) is less than 0.3%|
|Flavors||CBD dog treats: duck and fish|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||MCT oil|
|Lab Results||Lab test results are unavailable online|
|Price Range||From $1.50 for one Honey Stick to $225 for a 4-oz bottle of Genesis Blend Extra Strength (2950mg)|
|Shipping and Delivery||Ships via USPS|
|Contaminants||No lab test results available to confirm contaminant levels|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||Some products are vegan and gluten-free|
|Guarantee||No money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||All sales are final|
|Customer Service||Email: [email protected]
Recommended for Optimizing Wellness
Bluegrass Hemp Oil products are recommended for individuals who want to explore CBD’s therapeutic benefits and synergistic effects with terpenes, flavonoids, and other phytocannabinoids.
Source of Hemp
Bluegrass Hemp Oil sources its hemp from self-owned farms in Kentucky.
There are more than 20 products listed on Bluegrass Hemp Oil’s website. Its best-sellers are the Genesis Blend 1oz – 300mg, Genesis Blend Capsules, and Bloom-Crafted Rollers.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil sells full-spectrum CBD products.
Range of Products/Forms
The company offers tinctures, topicals, bath products, capsules, edibles, and pet products.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil uses the hydrocarbon distillation system to provide its customers with high-quality CBD products.
Lab Testing Transparency/Availability
Lab test results for Bluegrass Hemp Oil’s products are unavailable on the brand’s website. Customers may request a copy of the product’s certificate of analysis (COA) by emailing the company.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
Based on its product page, a 1-oz bottle of Genesis Blend contains 300mg of CBD.
Based on its product page, a 1-oz bottle of Genesis Blend (300mg) contains about 10mg/ml of CBD.
THC Range of Products % (less than 0.3% – nonpsychoactive)
According to its product page, the THC level for a 1-oz bottle of Genesis Blend (300mg) is less than 0.3%.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil’s Unruffled CBD Dog Bites is duck and fish-flavored.
Tincture Carrier Oil
Bluegrass Hemp Oil uses medium-chain triglyceride or MCT oil for its tinctures.
According to the company website, all Bluegrass Hemp Oil products are in-house, and third-party laboratory tested. However, lab test results are unavailable from the company’s website.
Prices for Bluegrass Hemp Oil products range from $1.50 for one Honey Stick to $225 for a 4-oz bottle of Genesis Blend Extra Strength (2950mg).
The company also carries seven other brands. Customers may purchase Bluegrass Hemp Oil products through its website and three retail stores in Lexington, KY, Spokane Valley, WA, and Midway, KY.
Shipping and Delivery
Bluegrass Hemp Oil ships its products via USPS within one to two days of successful order confirmation. The company ships within the USA only.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil does not offer money-back guarantees. The company considers all sales final and does not offer refunds or exchanges.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil does not provide lab test results that may confirm the products’ contaminant levels.
Vegan and Gluten-free
Only some products are vegan and gluten-free.
For inquiries, customers can reach Bluegrass Hemp Oil via [email protected] or 859-963-3550.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil serves the US only.
|Made from organic, high-CBD/low-THC hemp||Lab test results are accessible by request only|
|Vertically integrated company||No refunds or returns|
|Full-spectrum CBD products||Limited shipping|
Pros of Bluegrass Hemp Oil
- Bluegrass Hemp Oil manufactures its products from a particular strain of hemp blooms with high-CBD and low-THC properties.
- The company utilizes a hands-on approach to all aspects of its production process, from seed to shelf.
- The company offers full-spectrum products that take advantage of the synergy between CBD, terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids present in the hemp plant.
Cons of Bluegrass Hemp Oil
- Lab test results are not posted on the brand’s website and are only accessible by request.
- The brand considers all sales final and does not accept refunds or returns.
- Bluegrass Hemp Oil does not offer worldwide shipping.
Review of Bluegrass Hemp Oil Genesis Blend Capsules
A jar of Bluegrass Hemp Oil’s Genesis Blend Capsules contains 60 capsules with 10mg of CBD in each. According to its product page, customers may take two capsules a day, making one jar sufficient for one month.
CBD oil is a concentrated solvent extract produced from hemp flowers or leaves and dissolved in edible oil, such as sunflower oil, coconut oil, hempseed oil, or olive oil.
CBD oils may contain varying concentrations of CBD, THC, and other phytocannabinoids. The CBD concentration highly depends on the hemp variety and the extraction method used.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil proudly uses superior quality hemp blooms with high CBD content and a butane-based extraction method to produce its CBD products.
Review of Bluegrass Hemp Oil Bloom-Crafted Rollers
Bluegrass Hemp Oil’s Bloom-Crafted Rollers are available in three variants: Hush (150mg), Center (150mg), and Sleep (250mg), with each variant formulated with a particular combination of plant extracts.
The Hush Roller contains eucalyptus and peppermint oil and is formulated to relieve headaches and other body pains. Eucalyptus and peppermint are known for their relaxant and analgesic properties.
The Center Roller contains bergamot and lime oil to boost CBD’s anti-stress and anti-anxiety properties. Meanwhile, the Sleep Roller is formulated with lavender oil, which is observed to have sedative and mood-stabilizing properties.
Bluegrass Hemp Oil offers a variety of full-spectrum CBD products sourced from high-quality, organic hemp blooms. However, the brand should employ more transparency on its lab test results to maintain its customers’ trust.
- Hazekamp, Arno. “The Trouble with CBD Oil.” Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids 1, no. 1 (2018): 65–72. https://doi.org/10.1159/000489287.
- Coelho-De-Souza, Lívia Noronha, José Henrique Leal-Cardoso, Francisco José De Abreu Matos, Saad Lahlou, and Pedro Jorge Magalhães. “Relaxant Effects of the Essential Oil OfEucalyptus Tereticornisand Its Main Constituent 1,8-Cineole on Guinea-Pig Tracheal Smooth Muscle.” Planta Medica 71, no. 12 (2005): 1173–75. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2005-873173.
- Shrivastava, Alankar. “A REVIEW ON PEPPERMINT OIL”. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2. (2009). 27-33.
- Hughes, S., Lee, H., Lewis, N., Shannon, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. PubMed Central (PMC). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326553/.
- Koulivand, Peir Hossein, Maryam Khaleghi Ghadiri, and Ali Gorji. “Lavender and the Nervous System.” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013 (2013): 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/681304.
CBD Clinicals is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more