Overall CBDC Brand Rating for Sera Labs: 8.4/10
Sera Labs claims to use full-spectrum CBD, and CBD isolates from organic hemp. The brand’s products include CBD skincare, CBD topicals, CBD oil tinctures, CBD capsules, CBD for pets, and CBD gummies.
Beyond creating cannabidiol (CBD) products formulated to promote natural holistic health and wellness, Sera Labs is a company that cares.
Sera Labs is in partnership with Saving Sophie and promotes its Hero Program. The company is also commendable for its PPE Initiative and Outreach Program.
Saving Sophie is a non-profit organization that aims to help people with cancer, epilepsy, and autism by providing unlimited online educational resources. Meanwhile, the company’s Hero Program gives veterans, including immediate family members, a 25% discount on products purchased.
More importantly, in the midst of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, Sera Labs engaged all affiliations, whether federal, state, or hospital administrators and retailers, to assist in the distribution of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to healthcare workers on the front line.
However, while Sera Labs has a wide range of CBD products designed to maintain healthy joint movement, promote healthy skin, and support regular sleep cycles, their hemp source remains unclear. The certificates of analysis (COAs) posted online are also outdated.
The company only caters to damage claims within 72 hours of receiving the products. This brand policy is a much shorter time compared to the 30-day return policies of other brands.
Sera Labs Company Summary
- This CBD brand is based in Lewiston, Maine, and claims that its hemp is organically grown in the United States.
- The company was established by Nancy Duitch, who is experienced in advertising. She entered the CBD industry by creating CBD-infused skincare products in 2018.
- According to the founder, beauty and wellness are the core values that launched Sera Labs. The brand wants to establish itself as a producer of affordable quality CBD products.
Sera Labs Pros and Cons
|The product line includes CBD for pets.||Source of hemp not specified|
|Partnership with Saving Sophie||Outdated COA|
|Promotion of Hero Program||Usage and dosage are not stated.|
|CBD beauty products available|
|Bulk orders accepted|
Pros of Sera Labs
- The brand’s wide range of products includes CBD oil specifically made to help pets’ overall health. Sera Labs claims to formulate a 150mg and 250mg organic full-spectrum Sera Pets CBD oil rich in beneficial proteins and essential nutrients.
- The company partners with organizations like Saving Sophie to give back to the community. Saving Sophie is a non-profit charity organization that raises funds for cancer research.
- Sera Labs’ Hero program offers a 25% discount to all active-duty, reserve, and retired members of the Veterans Association of America, including immediate family members, for every product purchased. The brand offers a coupon code that can be used upon checkout.
- Sera Labs offers CBD-infused beauty products, another option for people who want to try CBD.
- The brand accepts bulk orders without having customers commit to brand membership. Sera Labs offers a month’s supply up to a five month’s supply of its CBD oil tinctures.
Cons of Sera Labs
- The brand claims that its products use American-grown hemp. However, Sera Labs did not specify the farm or state where the hemp plants were harvested.
- The certificate of analysis (COA) for the brand’s products are dated 2019 and January 2020. Some of the COA does not show the contaminants lab results.
Also, Sera Labs’ COA page is not arranged per product. Thus, navigating the lab results may be confusing.
- The brand’s product page does not have any information on the usage and the recommended dosage of each product.
Review of Sera Labs Products
Sera Labs SeraRelief Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
Sera Labs asserts that the full-spectrum hemp oil used in its CBD oil is infused with cannabinoids, terpenes, and other vitamins.
According to the product page, SeraRelief Full-Spectrum CBD tincture comes in 500mg and 1,000mg CBD concentrations. SeraRelief CBD oil has a natural peppermint flavoring.
Sera Labs Seratopical Radiant Glow CBD Facial Oil
Seratopical Radiant Glow CBD facial oil tops the brand’s CBD beauty and skincare line. Formulated to be an anti-aging oil, it is infused with marula oil, argan oil, sunflower oil, and English lavender oil.
The product is designed to hydrate and help manage skin imperfections without a greasy feeling. It comes in 300mg CBD concentration in a 30ml dropper bottle.
Sera Labs also offers Seratopical Love Your Lips CBD Lip Balm, Seratopical Day & Night Brilliance Cream with CBD, and Seratopical Super Booster Serum with CBD under its flagship CBD beauty line.
Sera Labs takes advantage of CBD’s potential anti-inflammatory properties in its beauty product formulations. The company claims that its products are infused with vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D, and other active ingredients to boost the skin’s overall health.
In a study, results showed that using CBD-rich ointment for inflammatory skin diseases and scars may improve skin elasticity and hydration(1).
Sera Labs Rapid Soothing Crème Roll On With CBD
The most rated among Sera Labs’ Rapid Soothing Crème Roll On With CBD. It is designed for quick relief of joint and muscle chronic pain.
A study noted the cannabinoids’ analgesic effects with acceptable adverse events on difficult-to-treat pain(2).
Sera Labs’ rapid soothing creme roll-on contains aloe vera, menthol, and 300mg of CBD hemp extract
SeraRelief Serenity Plus – 250mg 30ct
Serenity Plus CBD Capsules is the brand’s supplemental dietary product that aims to promote joint mobility and ease sleeplessness.
Animal studies have shown CBD’s positive effects in osteoarthritis(3) and sleep disorders like somnolence(4). These results may be useful in further studies to be conducted in humans.
SeraRelief Serenity Plus CBD capsules are made to have high absorption rates. Every 30-capsule bottle contains 250mg CBD.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Not specified|
|Popular Products||SeraRelief 1,000mg and 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil, Sera Labs Rapid Soothing Crème Roll On With CBD, and SeraRelief Serenity Plus – 250mg CBD Capsules|
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolates|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD skincare products, CBD oil tinctures, CBD cream topicals, CBD gummies, CBD capsules, CBD for pets|
|Price Range||From $12.95 for Seratopical Love Your Lips Moisturizer with CBD to $139.95 for a 5-piece 30ml bottles of SeraPets 250mg Pet Relief CBD oil|
|Extraction Method||CO2 extraction method|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||COA available on the brand’s website|
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||According to the product page, SeraRelief 1,000mg and 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil has 500mg and 1,000mg CBD concentrations.|
|Potency||According to the COA, the Sera Labs SeraRelief 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil has 15.89mg/ml CBD potency; |
Sera LabsSeraRelief 1,000mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil has 36.61mg/g CBD potency.
|THC Range of Products %||< 0.3% THC|
|Flavors||Limited flavor profile|
|Tincture Carrier Oil||Coconut oil, olive oil, and hempseed oil|
|Lab Results||Third-party lab-tested|
|Shipping/Delivery||No international shipping|
|Guarantee||30-day money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||30-day refund policy for unopened products|
|Vegan and Gluten-free||Vegan and gluten-free|
|Customer Service||Email: [email protected] |
Phone: +1 (855) 762 9988
Sera Labs strives to produce the highest-quality CBD products that are made with natural ingredients to promote holistic health & wellness.
Source of Hemp
The brand asserts that all its products use organic hemp that is grown in America. However, the specific farm, city, or state was not specified.
According to the brand’s website, its best-selling product is the Sera Labs Rapid Soothing Crème Roll On With CBD. It is a CBD topical made to target muscle and joint pain.
Sera Labs believes in the possible benefits of the entourage effect or synergy of the cannabinoids and terpenes in a full-spectrum CBD extract.
However, the brand also gives users a THC-free CBD product option with its CBD isolates.
Range of Products/ Forms
During the company’s early days, it specialized in the formulation of CBD beauty products. Subsequently, it added a more inclusive range of products, including CBD tinctures and oils, CBD topical creams, CBD capsules, CBD gummies, and CBD oil for pets.
The Sera Labs SeraRelief 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil’s price starts at $59.95 for a 30ml bottle to $239.95 for a 5-bottle bundle.
Sera Relief 1,000mg full-spectrum CBD oil’s price starts from $79.95 for a 30ml bottle up to $299.95 for a 5-bottle bundle.
The brand uses the CO2 extraction method in obtaining its full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolates.
Lab Testing Transparency and Availability
The certificate of analysis (COA) is available on the brand’s website. A COA shows scientific tests done on a food or drug product that examines the number of chemicals and other compounds in that product(5).
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
According to the product page, the highest possible CBD concentration for the SeraRelief Full-Spectrum CBD Oil is 1,000mg per 30ml bottle.
The highest possible potency for the SeraRelief Full-Spectrum CBD Oil is 36.61mg per dropper. One dropperful is equivalent to one serving.
THC Range of Products %
The brand claims that its full-spectrum CBD products have less than 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and its CBD isolate-infused products are THC-free.
THC is the compound in cannabis plants that may disrupt different physical and mental functions(6).
Sera Labs claims that it does not use artificial flavorings on its products.
The SeraRelief Full-Spectrum CBD Oil has a natural peppermint flavor, while the SeraRelief CBD Miracle Gummies have natural fruit flavors.
Tincture Carrier Oil
The brand uses various kinds of carrier oil that may help support the possible benefits of CBD. Coconut oil, olive oil, and hempseed oil are the most commonly used oils in Sera Labs’ products.
The brand claims that various third-party laboratories test its products to maintain quality and safety.
The brand only delivers within the United States. The brand suggests researching CBD legalities in each state in the US before finalizing orders.
Sera Labs states explicitly that the brand does not ship to Canada and the Virgin Islands.
Sera Labs’ 30-day money-back guarantee shows the company’s confidence in its products.
However, a disclaimer is also included on the product pages. It states that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has yet to evaluate the products.
Product returns may be filed within 72 hours of receiving the order. Sera Labs accepts refunds for unopened products with unbroken safety seals. The customer shoulders the shipping fee for returns.
The brand asserts that its products do not contain pesticides, herbicides, or other harmful solvents. However, the COA did not show any information about the lab test results of the products’ contaminants.
Vegan and Gluten-free
Sera Labs claims that its edibles, the SeraRelief Serenity Plus CBD capsules and SeraRelief CBD Miracle Gummies, are non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free.
Sera Labs Health’s customer care aims to reply within 24 hours via email or through the form available on its contact page.
The company focuses its services within the United States.
More About Sera Labs
The brand believes in the possible benefits of full-spectrum CBD to affect the humans’ and animal’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
The ECS has receptors that affect bone-building, pain responses, insulin sensitivity, and inflammation signaling in the body’s nervous, endocrine, and gastrointestinal systems of the body(7).
Sera Labs’ full-spectrum formulation aims to promote overall mind and body wellness.
However, there are CBD side-effects to keep in mind. The company asserts that doctor consultations should be a precautionary measure before using any CBD products.
Sera Labs products are available on the brand’s website at www.seralabshealth.com.
- Palmiery B., Laurino C., Vadala, M., (2019), A therapeutic effect of CBD-enriched ointment in inflammatory skin diseases and cutaneous scars, retrieved from https://www.clinicaterapeutica.it/2019/170/2/05_PALMIERI-VADALA.pdf
- Russo E. B. (2008). Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain. Therapeutics and clinical risk management, 4(1), 245–259. https://doi.org/10.2147/tcrm.s1928
- Verrico, Chris D.a,b; Wesson, Shondac; Konduri, Vanajad; Hofferek, Colby J.d; Vazquez-Perez, Jonathand; Blair, Emeke; Dunner, Kenneth Jrf; Salimpour, Pedramg; Decker, William K.d,h,i; Halpert, Matthew M.d,* A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of daily cannabidiol for the treatment of canine osteoarthritis pain, PAIN: September 2020 – Volume 161 – Issue 9 – p 2191-2202, doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001896
- Murillo-Rodriguez, E., Millan-aldaco, D., Palomero Rivero M., et.al., (August 2006), Cannabidiol, a constituent of Cannabis sativa, modulates sleep in rats, retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014579306008155
- Cambridge Dictionary, (n.d.), certificate of analysis, retrieved from https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/certificate-of-analysis
- NIDA. 2020, April 8. How does marijuana produce its effects?. Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-produce-its-effects on 2020, November 25
- St. Louis, B. W., (January 2019), Full Spectrum Cannabis – Benefits Beyond THC and CBD, Age Management Medicine Group, retrieved from https://agemed.org/e-journal/feature-article-january-2019-full-spectrum-cannabis-benefits-beyond-thc-and-cbd/