Overall Brand Rating for C4 Healthlabs: 8/10
C4 Healthlabs is a company born from a father’s desire to use cannabidiol (CBD) oil to help his son with autism.
The South Carolina-based CBD company has taken this desire to a new level as it aims to provide safe and high-quality products people would gladly share with their families.
For its CBD products, C4 Healthlabs uses organic, insecticide-free, and non-genetically modified hemp plants from Cannabis sativa. The brand also uses a proprietary extraction and distillation process to produce high-purity CBD oil.
Each product batch undergoes third-party lab testing. However the latest results are only provided upon your request. As of October 2020, the certificates of analysis (COA) available on the website were published in 2019.
Currently, C4 Healthlabs has a limited product offering. The brand’s best-selling products are its full-spectrum CBD oils and its CBD-infused lip balm.
Although C4 Healthlabs product prices are high, consumers can get more than the amount of CBD advertised on the packaging. For example, the 500mg organic full-spectrum hemp extract CBD oil has 720mg of CBD, based on the available data from September 2019.
C4 Healthlabs ships to the US, UK, and Australia. Additionally, customers get a 30-day money-back guarantee so they can receive full refunds for select CBD oil products.
C4 Healthlabs Company Summary
- C4 Healthlabs is a South Carolina-based CBD company that mainly offers full-spectrum CBD products, although it now also provides THC-free oils and lotions.
- C4 Healthlabs claims its products are made from Tennessee-grown organic seedless hemp plants using a proprietary two-step extraction process.
- The certificates of analyses (COAs) for C4 Healthlabs products are not readily available, despite the brand’s support for transparency and third-party lab testing.
- Products with available COAs on the C4 Healthlabs website have a higher CBD potency and concentration than advertised.
C4 Healthlabs Pros and Cons
|CBD potency exceeds the advertised amount||Limited and outdated COAs on the website|
|Full-spectrum and THC-free products||Limited product offerings|
|Organic, non-GMO, BPA-free, and cruelty-free products||Limited returns policy|
|Two-step extraction and distillation process|
|Ships to the UK and Australia|
Pros of C4 Healthlabs
- Products with COAs on the C4 Healthlabs website show a higher CBD potency and concentration than the amount advertised on the packaging and product description.
- The brand offers both full-spectrum and THC-free CBD products.
- C4 Healthlabs claims that its products are organic, non-GMO, BPA-free, and cruelty-free products, with no harmful additives. BPA or bisphenol A is a chemical that has been linked to cancer, obesity, and other medical conditions(1).
- The company claims to use a 36-hour proprietary two-step extraction and distillation process for ultra-pure CBD oil.
- C4 Healthlabs offers shipping to the United Kingdom and Australia.
Cons of C4 Healthlabs
- COAs on the C4 Healthlabs website are outdated. Customers must contact the company to request the latest lab test results.
- C4 Healthlabs only has 14 items available for purchase on its website, eight of which are CBD oils with varying concentrations and formulation.
- Only unopened 500mg and 1,000mg CBD oil products are eligible for returns.
Review of C4 Healthlabs Products
C4 Healthlabs Full-spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil (1,000mg)
The C4 Healthlabs full-spectrum CBD oil comes in natural and citrus flavors. Both versions are well-reviewed on the brand’s online store, with over 479 five-star reviews in total.
The full-spectrum CBD oils offer benefits for chronic pain relief(2). The brand’s CBD oils can also be used by people dealing with high blood pressure(3).C4 Healthlabs’ CBD-infused lip balm contains organic beeswax and lavender and frankincense essential oils for lip hydration and skin care.
C4 Healthlabs recommends using a full dropper or 1ml of their full-spectrum CBD oil sublingually or holding the oil under the tongue for at least 60 seconds before swallowing. Sublingual CBD intake has been shown to be an effective way of taking CBD(4).
C4 Healthlabs CBD-infused Lip Balm
C4 Healthlabs’ CBD-infused lip balm contains organic beeswax and lavender and frankincense essential oils for lip hydration and skin care.
The lip balm also contains full-spectrum CBD for more therapeutic benefits. CBD products, such as the CBD-infused lip balm, have great potential to aid in better sleep and mental health(5).The brand states that the lotion is a popular product for customers with muscle, joint, and back pain. Topical application of CBD is shown to have effective health benefits as an anti-inflammatory treatment(6).
The C4 Healthlabs CBD lip balm is also a good product to help ease first-time users into using CBD products.
C4 Healthlabs THC-free CBD Topical Lotion (1,000mg)
The C4 Healthlabs THC-free CBD Topical Lotion with 1,000mg of CBD is a new offering from the company.
The brand states that the lotion is a popular product for customers with muscle, joint, and back pain. Topical application of CBD is shown to have effective health benefits as an anti-inflammatory treatment(6).
Despite CBD’s potential benefits, C4 Healthlabs always makes disclaimers, as per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
The company reminds customers to seek medical advice before taking any CBD products, especially when taking prescription medications.
|Recommended for||Optimizing wellness|
|Source of Hemp||Tennessee|
|Popular Products||Organic Full-spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil Citrus (1,000mg)
Organic Full-spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil Natural (1,000mg)
|Types Sold||Full-spectrum CBD and THC-free CBD products|
|Range of Products/Forms||CBD oils, CBD lotion, CBD-infused dark chocolate, CBD-infused lip balm, and liposomal dietary supplements|
|Price Range||From $8 for the CBD-infused lip balm to $189 for the Organic Full-spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil 2,000mg (natural and citrus flavors)|
|Extraction Method||Extraction and distillation process|
|Lab Testing Transparency & Availability||Limited and outdated third-party lab results available on the brand
|CBD Concentration per Serving Range||30ml bottle of Organic Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil Natural may contain 720mg to 2,176.2mg of CBD (based on September 2019 lab results)|
|Potency||30ml bottle of Organic Full-spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil Natural may contain 24mg/g to 72.54mg/g of CBD (based on September 2019 lab results)|
|THC Range of Products %||Less than 0.3% THC or THC-free|
|Flavors||CBD oils: natural flavor and citrus flavor
CBD lotion: soothing mint
CBD lip balm: lavender and frankincense mix
|Tincture Carrier Oil||MCT oil from coconuts|
|Lab Results||Latest third-party lab test results available upon customer request|
|Shipping/Delivery||Offers free shipping on orders over $79. Ships via USPS. Delivery takes 3-4 days. Ships internationally.|
|Guarantee||30-day money-back guarantee|
|Refund Policy||Returns accepted only for 500mg and 1,000mg CBD oil products|
|Vegan and Gluten-Free||No information available|
|Customer Service||Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For US customers, call (864) 334-8525
For UK & Australia customers, call +44-203-746-3199
|Country Served||United States, United Kingdom, and Australia|
Recommended for Therapeutic Effect
C4 Healthlabs products are intended for optimizing wellness for positive health and a more productive life. The brand claims that its CBD products are formulated to maximize the therapeutic effects of CBD.
Source of Hemp
C4 Healthlabs sources its hemp from organic growers in Tennessee.
The best-selling C4 Healthlabs products are the CBD oils, particularly the Organic Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil (1,000mg) in citrus and natural flavors.
The brand’s CBD-infused lip balm and CBD dark chocolate also have positive product reviews on the website.
C4 Healthlabs sells full-spectrum and THC-free CBD oils and products.
Range of Products/Forms
C4 Healthlabs offers CBD oils, CBD topicals (lotion and lip balm), CBD edible products (dark chocolate bar), and liposomal vitamin supplements.
C4 Healthlabs’ product prices range from $8 for a full-spectrum CBD lip balm to $189 for the Organic Full-spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil with 2,000mg of CBD.
C4 Healthlabs claims to use a 36-hour proprietary two-step extraction method that utilizes organic ethanol and coconut-derived medium-chain triglyceride oil (MCT).
The company also claims to use a double distillation process that produces cannabinoid oils with almost no residual hemp taste or odor.
Lab Testing Transparency
As of October 2020, the latest third-party lab test results are only available upon request. COAs posted on the website were published in September 2019.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
The September 2019 COAs for C4 Healthlabs’ Organic Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil in natural flavor indicate that a 30ml bottle may contain 720mg to 2,176.2mg of CBD.
The September 2019 COAs for C4 Healthlabs’ Organic Full-spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil in natural flavor indicate that a 30ml bottle may contain 24mg/g to 72.54mg/g of CBD.
THC Range of Products %
Full-spectrum CBD products contain trace amounts or less than 0.3% of THC.
C4 Healthlabs’ full-spectrum offerings come without the side effects of getting “high.” The trace amounts of THC also means that the drug remains legal in the US federally. However, these trace amounts may still be detected by some drug tests.
C4 Healthlabs CBD oils have two flavor options: natural and citrus. The CBD-infused lip balm has a mix of lavender and frankincense essential oil for flavor, while the THC-free lotion comes in soothing mint.
Tincture Carrier Oil
C4 Healthlabs uses organic, coconut-derived MCT oil.
Each batch of C4 Healthlabs CBD oils and products undergo third-party lab testing.
C4 Healthlabs ships domestic orders via USPS priority mail express and priority mail. Delivery takes between three to four days.
International orders to the UK and Australia are shipped through UPS Worldwide Economy.
The brand offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Customers must email their refund requests within 30 days. C4 Healthlabs requires products to be returned for customers to receive a refund, which excludes shipping costs.
However, only the 500mg and 1,000mg CBD oil products are eligible for returns. Additionally, only unopened products and domestic orders are accepted for returns.
C4 Healthlabs claims that its products have zero contaminants.
Vegan and Gluten-Free
C4 Healthlabs does not state whether its products are vegan and gluten-free.
US customers may call C4 Healthlabs at (864) 334-8525, while international customers may call +44-203-746-3199.
Customers may also send their concerns to email@example.com.
C4 Healthlabs ships to the US, UK, and Australia.
More About C4 Healthlabs
C4 Healthlabs products may be expensive, however, the brand provides discounts to help consumers afford its CBD oils and products.
The company provides a 20% discount for civil servants. Aside from active-duty military personnel and veterans, this discount also includes military dependents, first responders, like police and firemen, and teachers.
C4 Healthlabs also offers coupon codes and store credits for customers who are part of the brand’s referral program.
C4 Healthlabs offers organic, high-quality, and natural products. Its best-selling products are the CBD oils and topicals. The brand also offers health and wellness products like liposomal dietary supplements.
Despite the limited product catalog, the company is still able to provide products for customers that prefer full-spectrum CBD and for those who want THC-free products.
C4 Healthlabs products have high CBD concentrations and potency, some of which exceed the packaging’s advertised amount.
Customers looking for a good CBD product can read the hundreds of positive C4 Healthlabs reviews on the website, before they select and checkout their orders.
- Almeida, S., Raposo, A., Almeida‐González, M. and Carrascosa, C. (2018), Bisphenol A: Food Exposure and Impact on Human Health. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 17: 1503-1517. doi:10.1111/1541-4337.12388
- Cameron, E.C., Hemingway, S.L. Cannabinoids for fibromyalgia pain: a critical review of recent studies (2015–2019). J Cannabis Res 2, 19 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s42238-020-00024-2
- Jadoon, K. A., Tan, G. D., & O’Sullivan, S. E. (2017). A single dose of cannabidiol reduces blood pressure in healthy volunteers in a randomized crossover study. JCI insight, 2(12), e93760. https://doi.org/10.1172/jci.insight.93760
- Larsen, C., & Shahinas, J. (2020). Dosage, Efficacy and Safety of Cannabidiol Administration in Adults: A Systematic Review of Human Trials. Journal of clinical medicine research, 12(3), 129–141. https://doi.org/10.14740/jocmr4090
- Khan, R., Naveed, S., Mian, N. et al. The therapeutic role of Cannabidiol in mental health: a systematic review. J Cannabis Res 2, 2 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s42238-019-0012-y
- Hammell, D. C., Zhang, L. P., Ma, F., Abshire, S. M., McIlwrath, S. L., Stinchcomb, A. L., & Westlund, K. N. (2016). Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis. European journal of pain (London, England), 20(6), 936–948. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejp.818